Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

John Romero is teaching at University of Texas at Dallas

heh that will probably be an interesting class, I just wonder if romero will take 6 years to finish anything in it

"Your projected release date should be the end of this quarter, but you will all have a seven year lean for the overdue"

Unfortunately, since Ling doesn't allow HTML encoding in the forums, I will be unable to grace you with 200-point, flashing, neon-green and flourescent-orange letters spelling out "OWNED" whilst a MIDI of "We Are The Champions" loops in the background. So I'm just going to say: Go Comets.

Heh, and here the SGDA guy was worried about scraping together enough cash for Romero's speaking fees. Goddamn I'm glad I chose this school. :-P

IMJack said:

Goddamn I'm glad I chose this school. :-P

Will you be taking classes with Romero? TELL HIM TO DROP BY THE FORUMS!!

fodders said:

Would it be soooooo cool to get a Tardy Slip signed by John Romero?

Yeah, then sell it on e-bay and make $500

The coolest thing you could ever do in front of Romero is suspending by him, lol

^bbg's post

and posting the pic online with the MAP30 sound playing in a constant loop

bigbadgangsta said:

No, cutting his head off, sticking it on a spike then taking a picture!

sure, that will do.

Would it be soooooo cool to get a Tardy Slip signed by John Romero?

Heh, this is college. They honestly don't care if you attend the lectures or not.

Nahhh ass raping him in the toilet

You've never seen our toilets. *shudder* Nobody even wants to take a leak in the restrooms. That's how scary they are. You'd die from infection before you even opened your pants.

I'm wondering how long Romero and Hall will be able to cope with what will ultimately become a pack of drooling fanboys. %P

Heh...you should slash the tires of his fancy car, whatever the Hell he drives now.

Hey man leave Romero alone. That DallasNews aritcle doesn't cover enough what he did for iD Software, oh well...

Btw, does anyone else laugh at ION Storm's rename to 'Monkeystone'..?

Davidoom said:

WTF? Heh.

No because Monkeystone is a completely new company. ION Storm still exists, and is currently working on Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3.

bigbadgangsta said:

Will you be taking classes with Romero? TELL HIM TO DROP BY THE FORUMS!!

I can tell him to drop by the forums...

DavidDoom: way to steal my avatar's eyes :P jk, i don't care.

anyway, Monkeystone is John Romero's new company that makes games for handheld devices. HyperSpace delivery boy is one of those.

darknation said:

You stole your avatar from mewse retard.

no, i used BBG's avatar as the base of the fish. i got rid of the little mowhawk thing it had, ditched the big round eyes, made my own eyes, added horns and colored the fish red. nothing is really stolen.

Romero's teaching about engines and crap? I thought John Carmack did all the engine-related shite at iD.

And BTW, on the whole Monkeybone thing, apparently the Dopefish WILL make a return in Hyperspace Delivery Boy.

gatewatcher said:

no, i used BBG's avatar as the base of the fish. i got rid of the little mowhawk thing it had, ditched the big round eyes, made my own eyes, added horns and colored the fish red. nothing is really stolen.

I need to make my own fish. I did once but I lost it. It was pretty neat.

LordTrasher said:

Romero's teaching about engines and crap? I thought John Carmack did all the engine-related shite at iD.

Romero's teaching game design I belive, not programming.

LordTrasher said:

And BTW, on the whole Monkeybone thing, apparently the Dopefish WILL make a return in Hyperspace Delivery Boy.

not will, has.