Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mac-vile-whore

doom64 and other shit.

i know alot of you guys are gonna flame me for this but i liked doom64 i just wanna know wtf was wrong with it oh and someone who said barons who shoot red plasma are gay they are not that just helps you distinguish between the two and i think the red plasma did more damage than the green one from the hell night.The only problem i had with doom64 was that there was no shotgun animation for any of the shotguns,and that the final boss really really sucked and the ending sucked too but please tell me besides the reasons i have stated here why the game sucked.

P.S.-Teppic how the fuck did you do that animated pic for ur pic is there other ones besides the fish,E.T.C.?

Hey I liked Doom64 too, it's just the people that think Doom is a religion will flame you.

All of the weapons had cut animations, unfortunately. It was an attempt to make them look more like the Quake weapons even though they were prerendered graphics. The DB shotgun got it worst, although the Plasma Rifle was simply beautiful, much better than the toy one in Q3A.

In Doom the final showdowns have always been disappointing and so have the endings. I expect nothing less. When I blast through a Doom and spend around fifteen minutes pummeling the last boss then I'll be impressed. I remember I beat most of the bosses in Quake 2 in around twenty seconds... what a joke.

As for any other reasons the game sucked, well, a lot of people didn't think the level design was up to ID's standards, although I thought it was a very valiant effort and oft impressing. I really liked how the Egyptian theme just sort of worked it's way in there the further you got into the game.

The Arch-Vile, Pain Elemental, Heavy Weapons Dude, and Spider Mastermind were omitted. Remember, it was an 8 megabyte cartridge and some things just had to go.

There was no 'music' to speak of, and that would probably drive a lot of people to hate it. However, the ambient tunes that were included were right up to snuff with Quake.

If nothing else, I still like it, and I hate how people get so vehement and spiteful of it. Just think of it like a Doom TC.

I like DooM64 too, but they should have made it the original levels, not that thats really anything, they wanted more people to buy it. But the thing that I was really disapointed in was they took out the freaking SpiderMastermind!!! They also took out: Revenant, Archvile, Chaingunner, and SSNazi. So to me, the game was a ok, it has its pros and cons. CON: Bad story, tookout SpiderMind, Chaingunner, Revenant, Archvile, SSNazi, Did not have E1M1 {damn}, End boss blew balls, took out shotgun animations, And didnt feel like DooM. PROS: Has better GFX, better lighting, more ambient sounds.

deadnail said:

Uh, no, the pain elemental was not ommited. It was changes and had two mouths, but its still in there. And there were more ommited too. Read my post up there...

Jeremy said:

Uh, no, the pain elemental was not ommited. It was changes and had two mouths, but its still in there. And there were more ommited too. Read my post up there...

Pain Elemental in, SS Nazi out. Whoop.

Not that important. The most important thing to remember was that at it's heart it really was the Doom engine, and it really felt like the Doom engine as you played it, it just had better graphics.

Guest Kaopectate

is it just me or does eveything Jeremy says sound like bull???

Uh, no. Not my fault you dont know how to understand. DOOM IS THE BEST GAME. DOOM64 FLOPPED. DooM64= no revenant, no spidermind, no chaingunner, no archvile, no nazi, no gun animations, sucky end boss, barely any story, music is more non-existent than PSX, and no originality in levels exept level 1.
---Make sence? Thought so. -Jeremy

Guest Kaopectate

No Jeremy, it's U who doesn't understand.

It's not Doom2 64, it's Doom64.

There couldn't be a chaingunner or revenant because they were not in DooM, just DooM 2..the rest sucks though. Many people would claim that DooM doesn't and shouldn't have a story..The music in PSX was somewhat good too...please check your facts before you post.

Guest Brandon Mercer

That's an excellent point Kaopectate, Doom 64 was and only was DooM, not Doom II. (Sorry Jeremy) Doom 64 was alright, but I sold my copy shortly after I beat it.

DooM64 is mainly DooMII characters, so what the hell are you talking about!? Ahrgg, this is why I hate talking about DooM64. I first say I like the game, which I do, but then someone starts talking about the bad stuff, then I do, and then everyone smacks me! But wait, if it was only DooM, how did it have the painelemental, or arachnotron, or mancubus, THOSE WERE ALL DOOMII CHARACTERS, so I guess it is DooM2 64, am I not right!?

Bud deadnail is right, and so is a few other people. It is a DooM game, and there is no reason to be dissing it. Besides, its the 64, it sucks, so they could fit all that stuff on to cartrige! I mean, in 97, what would you have wanted, just another DooM port, or something new? Me too. So what, so they omitted a lot of the characters, so what, I still love the game. Its levels are very welly designed for complicity {if that means complicated, idunno} and have upgrade, and even whole new textures. The game has remade guns, and a sweet plasma rifle, and best, WAY sweeter looking monsters! {man, they should have released a DooM64 vol.2 with just all the monsters they ommited!} -Jeremy

PAIN ELEMENTAL, MANCUBUS, HELLNIGHT, ARACHNOTRON. ALL DOOM TWO CHARACTERS, NOT DOOM ONE, DOOM664 WAS A DOOM TWO PORT, IT HAD MOSTLY DOOM TWO CHARACTERS. Hmm, admit your wrong now..

Guest Kaopectate

Just like you own every version of Doom ever made right...
Haha..NeoGeo DooM??

U make me laugh Jeremy...

::chuckles::

rotflmao

Oh, change the subject now do you? I do own EVERY DooM material {I can easily prove that whith a photo of all my DooM material, i'll post it on my web page sometime}, my cousin told me he would sell me neogeo DooM cuz he has a NeoGeo, but apparently he's a lying crock o' shit. But anyway, lets not fight or be competative, erg, I hate that shit.

Guest ragjunkie

who was the doom 64 boss? can someone email me a pic of him??

The final boss in Doom64 was The Mother Of All Demons. You fought it in a rather small room, about the size of Dead Simple without the outer ring. It was on a large pedastal/altar in the center. On the other three sides from where you spawn are demon generators; if you've found the three pentagrams you can turn them off so it's a one-on-one fight.

It didn't look that cool, unfortunately. If you did find all three pentagrams and were using the demon laser rifle, then the fight would last less than thirty seconds before you were the victor. It could do a whole lot of damage if it weren't so easy to strafe from it's shots.

If I had the cartridge right now I could get you the picture in under ten minutes, but I don't and I'm not going to rent it just for that. Having a TV-IN card is handy. I could use UltraHLE, but I hate using the keyboard to play the game.

**BTW, Jeremy, I think the word you were looking for was 'Complexity'. What the hell language are you used to speaking?**

Guest Brandon Mercer
Jeremy said:

Oh, change the subject now do you? I do own EVERY DooM material {I can easily prove that whith a photo of all my DooM material, i'll post it on my web page sometime}, my cousin told me he would sell me neogeo DooM cuz he has a NeoGeo, but apparently he's a lying crock o' shit. But anyway, lets not fight or be competative, erg, I hate that shit.

Do you have the "Lost Episodes of Doom"? I found that one a long time ago. I also have a little package called Doomware that has over 500 megabytes of programs such as front ends and stuff like that. Do you have that? And what about Deathmatch 7000? I like that one because there are 7000 levels of Doom! :)

Guest Kaopectate

where can i get this?

Guest Brandon Mercer

Well, I dunno really. I think I got the lost episodes of doom from like Wal-Mart about 7 years ago, so I'm not sure anyone would have that.

I got Doomware from Electronics Boutique about 3 or 4 years ago ( I think before they were even called by this name )

As for the Deathmatch 7000, I bought it the same place as above for about two dollars and 99 cents!

The only thing I can tell you is to search the web feverishly, or e-mail me and...hee hee.

I used 'Animation Shop', part of Paint Shop Pro to create the animated GIF. There is another one yes, there's an animated doom guy walking.