Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

Doom 1 music (Aimed at Castlevania)

Hey buddy, that's one Goddamn long signature you've got! Maybe you oughta turn it off if you make multiple posts on a single thread. :)

Anyways, Doom for SNES had just about the best music you've ever heard? Wow, that's deep. My personal favorite CD is The Wall by Pink Floyd. VAST, Visual Audio Sensory Theater comes in second.

My point is, have you ever heard of SNES emulation? I'm sure you have. Then are you familiar with the concept of SPC files? What they basically do, is, rip the 4 channel mod that's currently playing in the SNES game and save it to an SPC file. So, if you want to jukebox the original shit, here's what you need to do.

Go to Zophar's Domain and find their SPC page. Get the plug-in for WinAmp, their own SPC player or some other SPC player.

Get this file†:
http://www.zophar.net/zsnes/spc/doom.rar

There ya go, now you can listen to the whole damn SNES Doom soundtrack all you want!

Of course, why you just don't download the MP3 Doom soundtrack available right here at http://www.doomworld.com and listen to that instead I'll never know.

†If you don't know what a .rar file is, it's like a zip file but better in every conceiveable way. SPC bundles are MUCH smaller this way. Get the WinRAR demo at http://www.download.com to decompress it. I hope I didn't just sound condescending. ^_^

heh, i downloaded a few of them. still, i am an impatient guy
and because my lame ass town doesnt provide anything better
than a 56k connection (no DSL or cable modem services like any
town should have), and because my hard drive space isn't much,
i dont download them. also, it isn't stereo...

This is kinda off topic, but wtf...

Do you know how to replace the wavefont on the AWE64, and where i can get one? The samples it uses for midi is just pathetic =)

SNES music *IS* stereo. Hell, some of it is surround sound!

As for changing soundfonts on an Awe64, do you have all the sb utilities installed? Is there a systray icon you can right click, or a menu in your start button?

deadnail said:

SNES music *IS* stereo. Hell, some of it is surround sound!

As for changing soundfonts on an Awe64, do you have all the sb utilities installed? Is there a systray icon you can right click, or a menu in your start button?

oh shite, forgot that =) Lost my SB cd, so i don't have those programs anywayz, i hope i can download them somewhere =)

Wich brings me to another question, where can i get new samples to put in?

Guest Kaopectate
DiSTuRBeD said:

This is kinda off topic, but wtf...

Do you know how to replace the wavefont on the AWE64, and where i can get one? The samples it uses for midi is just pathetic =)

well..when you have a $2000 soundcard (like me)...you don't have to worry about those silly problems... (i got it free too.. :) )