• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GearMeat

Nobody Told Me About id

Guest GearMeat

I've just got one thing to say to all these Reznor fans:

If id were re-making Quake, then by all means Trent should do the music. But Bobby Prince was the DOOM man, and will always be.

As a matter of fact, DOOM's music was why I became a musician. I wanted to make MIDIs for my levels, so I taught myself how to play music from DOOM. --yes, obviously I'd be making better points if I were a famous musician--

But you can see the effect the original DOOM music has had on people. Hell, I've got all the MIDIs in a folder (with BP's original titles), and I listen to all of 'em evey now and then... now tell me I'm the only one!

So if one dimension or another id should happen to read this: "Get Bobby Prince and not that ambient fugg-head!"

Yes! I agree! Let Trent do quake, have bobby do DooM!

Btw, where can i get your midis? (Just mail them to me if you can)

Guest Brandon Mercer

I agree that the music of Bobby Prince had a lot to do with the making of the Doom atmosphere. However, MIDIs ain't gonna get the job done anymore. Yeah yeah, I know he can make other type files besides MIDIs but come on, we're talking about Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails here! They put the "fear" in "atmosphere"! Besides, if you want to get technical, why don't you all go protest to Id Software and ask them to rehire all the former creators of original Doom? I don't think so, and we know that ain't gonna happen. Times have changed and it's time to let the "master of the 3d engine" (John Carmack) have his way with it :)

Guest Hellspawn

I say let Bobby Prince write the music, but then have a full-scale production done on the music (i.e. all the instruments that need to be done acoustically, have them done acoustically by a band or an orchestra or whatever the hell the dude needs), and then have Bobby go in and do all the other instruments (the ones that he can do... piano, synth, that sort of thing). Bobby is a composer. Not a performer. He writes. He doesn't play.