Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

More Doom64 stuff

I just did a little looking up on that good old game, and found an interesting little subnote in a review. Apparantly, if Doom64 did well there was supposed to be a 'sequel' of sorts... Final Doom II.

If it would've been a 16 meg cart it would've had everything, too. :/

BTW, if you want to see the really cool pain elemental, a lost soul, some of the explosion graphics, just how effective the lighting effects were, and even the laser rifle then check it this seemingly meaningless website:

http://www.fortunecity.de/wolkenkratzer/pluto/111/nintendo/screenshots/doom/doom.htm

All it has is a lot of Doom64 screenshots. Granted they look like they were snapped poorly from a TV-IN card, they still get the job done.

Here's a different one:
http://nintendo64.hotgames.com/games/doom64/scrn03.jpg
It's also a grainy 320x240 jpeg.

Well I said screw it and played it for a while with UltraHLE. All of the sprites have a small overlapping glitch, and the text is damn near unreadable (it looks like farsi). However, I got 22 good screen shots out of it.

1.25 Megabytes worth of screenshots. My only questions are:
A: Why doesn't the img tag work here?
B: Should I just zip and email them to everyone who wants them instead?
C: Should I actually put another hours worth of effort into slagging them all onto a website that will take around a year to load. :/

If I do decide to email them, I'll do it once with a lot of recipients... I'm *not* going to upload a meg and a half anymore than I need to on this shitty 56k. Be nice if something better was available 'round here...

Why not? I would be especially interested in the weapon designs, do you have screenshots of them in full views? (I mean: not just the squished view when the weapon is in your hand)

Guest Psycho

HOLY CRAP the graphics are cool. Please Email me or ICQ it to me.

Tetzlaff said:

Why not? I would be especially interested in the weapon designs, do you have screenshots of them in full views? (I mean: not just the squished view when the weapon is in your hand)

http://www.deadnail.f2s.com/doom64/index.html

I'm uploading the pictures right now. However, I must warn you that they are not 100% perfect. As I said before, every sprite has a minor clipping error. Plus, the original game ran in true color but my Voodoo3 runs in high-color.

16 bit color is 65535 colors at once.

32 bit color is 16.7 million. In fact, you can subtract 65535 from it and STILL have 16.7 million. :)

That makes a huge difference when you consider sprite filtering. They look **MUCH** better coming out of an N64 into my Samsung 600 line comb-filtered TV.

As for the pictures I snapped I named them accordingly. The picture called 'nightmare_imp.jpg' clearly shows one of the blue, half-transparant imp. The picture 'imp_rustygateribcage.jpg' shows an imp in it's dying animationg. :)

Oh, and all the text looks like vomit thanks to the clipping bug. Therefore, it's impossible for me to enter a password or cheat so I can't hop levels or jam through quickly. I guess someone else is going to have to get a picture of the 'Mother Demon' for that one guy.

http://www.deadnail.f2s.com/doom64/index.html

What are you waiting for? If you want to see Doom64 in action and can't run an N64 emulator this is your best chance. :)

I had that same bug with my Voodoo Banshee (or how ever you spell it :) and then I got myself a Glide rapper (he he he... I mean Wrapper ;) and it was fixed. Don't remember where I got it, but I do know that I could put it up on my page, if you like.

The install for it is really easy. All you have to do is copy it into your UltraHLE dir, and then copy/rename your old glide2x.dll oglide2x.dll, and it should work. Mind you, on my comp the letters are still buldgy, but readable. =)

Test-0

Why the hell not.

Slap it up on your page and lemme know when it's there.

Thanks, bucko.

That damned thing turned everything in UltraHLE into a pink and green mess of shit!

Forget it, I'll deal with what I have!