Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Doom 3 dream

Lately I've been having these realistic dreams. Most of them have just been of everyday things, like going clubbing and stuff, but last night I dreamt I got hold of a demo of Doom 3 and it was really REALLY sweet :)

Shame I probably won't be able to play the game in reality, 'caus I'm on an AMD K6-2 233, 96 megs RAM and a Voodoo 3 2000, and I doubt any of that will be upgraded until I leave university in three years time.

Dude, me to, except mine are a tid different. I keep having dreams that DooM is real, and im running aroung this DARK city with a double barrel shotgun blowing away imps and zombies {they look seet!} and every now and then, I run in to a Spidermastermind, or a CyberDemon! And I have these dreams a lot!!! Ohh, God, thats why I want them to make a movie so bad!!!

Jeremy said:

Dude, me to, except mine are a tid different. I keep having dreams that DooM is real, and im running aroung this DARK city with a double barrel shotgun blowing away imps and zombies {they look seet!} and every now and then, I run in to a Spidermastermind, or a CyberDemon! And I have these dreams a lot!!! Ohh, God, thats why I want them to make a movie so bad!!!

How bizarre, I had a very complex and weird DOOM dream too. First in my dream I was part of a sleep study, and while I was sleeping, I had a dream about DOOM and started shooting sargeants, while in reality scientists in the sleep lab started dying. They had some sort of device hooked up to me to see my dreams, and when they saw that in my dream I was shooting sargeants from DOOM in real life scientists were dying at the same time, they got scared and took me home. I started to walk to my door, and the scientists had driven off, when I saw a mancubus in my yard. I dove behind a tree, got out my super shotgun, and was about to shoot when I saw a Spiderdemon come around the corner. I was hiding behind the tree, so it didn't see me, and kept walking, and then my dream ended.

Seriously, there *are* some minor side effects to smoking crack by the metric ton and this seems to be one of them.

Oddly enough, though, I just had a dream that I bought an autoloading Benelli shotgun. I went outside and fired off all seven shots in around three seconds and felt really impressed. Of course, I had to run to Meijers to get some damn gun oil so I could make sure it didn't rust. Barely got home in time to set it up and then I had to run to work.

Oh the way there I got run off the road by some asshole and slammed into the side of a big house I've never seen before. Naturally, it had to be the mansion from Splatterhouse III.

That's a whole other thread right there.

Now that I think about it, Splatterhouse had MUCH better zombies than Doom did...

so you've played Splatterhouse 3 too, eh? i love that
game. i even got the prequel and first one's ROM
on my harddrive. thanks to magic engine and
kgen and genecyst, i can play them. what does this have
to do with doom 3? nothing. so i will correct that...
i hope doom 3 has some RPG-like elements. like here is one
thing that would happen. an imp says "that damn cacodemon!
every time i try to go to the altar room he keeps shooting
fireballs at me! i don't have the strength to win a fight
against him. if you take that BFG 2000 right there and
kill the god damned creature, i will give you this
Demon Summoner Card. real handy indeed."
see, shit like that would be cool. or how about
a cyberdemon that says "the natural enemy of our kind,
the barons from hell, they are plotting against us. side
with us in the battle and we shall grant you the most evil
of Lucipher's magic."
of course, this kind of shit should only be for like
a 3 level episode of it's own individuality, and it wouldn't
be worth id software's time to put code for tihs in the
engine. but i'd like to see something like that...

Castlevania said:

Splatterhouse is so friggin' awesome.

You got the never-released-in-america NES Splatterhouse ROM? Well, it's 100% english EXCEPT for the ending... dammit!

The arcade one seems awfully similar to SH2 on Genesis..

One of the great things about Doom is that you never really had to think. You just ran in, shot every fucking thing a dozen times, and kept running.

I would not want interaction between humans and demons other than murder death kill. However, if you find a marine hanging around perhaps he should offer you missions to embark on.

"Wait buddy, there's a big ass monster 'round that corner. Maybe we can take him if we team up."

And you get the choices:
"Help him."
"Refuse."
"Shoot him in the head and take his watch."

Of course, if you help him and don't let him die in the fight you should be rewarded somehow.

No, that's for expansion packs.

Fuck thinkin', I got a shotgun! =)