Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylangivens

All this talk about DooM 64....

Guest dylangivens

Well, I pulled out a recent copy of NEmu64 ( I like this emulator better than UltraHLE) and I fired up Doom 64. Anyways, I'm using a Geforce 2 GPU with 64 megs of DDR and I'm at 1200x1600 (or something like that) resolution. Anyways, I debugged the game and got rid of all the level layers and left only the weapons and bullets. I ripped them all (including the the Flesh Gun?) and I thought that the colors were too dark so I imported them into Photoshop 5.5 and I change the Hue/Saturation and brightness / contrast. They came out PERFECT! Well, I shrunk them down to the apropriaite size and I've started to import them into a Zdoom Wad. I'm going to pull out the monsters off of the cast part (where it shows all the monsters and you). That way I get them From ALL directions and I get there death scene :). Anyways, my next task in texture ripping and then I'm going to make a Doom64 conversion :) My only idea is that I should do it in EDGE so I can get true 3D levels. What do you think??

dylan

(Hey, Dylan, that sounds great!)

Well, Linguica, if you've never seen Doom64 then why don't you just check out this site right here:
http://www.deadnail.f2s.com/doom64

That's a menu page I threw together with some decent screenshots of the game. There's no doubt at all that the graphics on it were better in '97 than Doom Legacy on a GeForce 2 right now.

Guest Relajo

I just saw the chainsaw of DooM64, it sucked...

DiSTuRBeD said:

sound good to me, never played D64, so something like this would be my only chance =)

While the graphics in Doom64 were fairly nice, the gameplay was boring and unoriginal. obviously unoriginal as doom was made before:P

for some reason on doom64 the cyberdemon was a lot harder then on the pc version. i forget what it was though. im thinking it was because i was low on ammo or something, but i kept dying because there was something about his shots, like he could anticipate or something...aww heck

I don't know about using EDGE, because I don't think the real DOOM 64 had 3D levels. Other than that, sounds awesome!

Oops sorry my mistake, DOOM 64 is 3D. I'm just a big dumb babbling idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyways, go for it!