Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

What would games be like?

I dont understand how anyone could make fun of DooM. DooM is the game that started ALL the sweet elements that games these day ALL have. The elements are: Exploding Barrels, Lava, Green Acid, Water, Shafts, And the basic weapons, and there are many more, like some enemies, endings, how to exit levels, gameplay {not many games live up to DooM's}. So FUCK every one who makes fun of DooM, cuz if it werent for DooM, all those games would suck to. But I always wonder, if DooM hadent come out, like say an angry nazi burned down id for making Wolfenstien, and DooM never came out, what would games today be like? Would they be like Wolfenstien? Which is boring, no barrels, no acid, no water, no laval, not anything above the ground? Just what would they be... -Jeremy

Err, games wouldn't be too much different from what they are today anyway. If you think Doom somehow pioneered all these ideas that no one ever would have thought up on their own, you are mistaken.

No, no, they would have been, but probably not as fast. And maybe not all of them... But you have to admit, DooM did help A LOT in the gaming community of First Person Shooters.

Jeremy. Thats Racism.

Racism=When u treat other people(Or things) different from others. If u dont make fun of niggers. But make fun of us albinos. Thats racism. So is it under games. There aint a thing u cant, or shouldnt, make fun of.

Whoa... my post is gone, or did I post it up? I'm sure I did but I was tired so I can't remember.
Wait a mo. It has been deleted, now that's strange? Why?

Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
Date: 1936
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Damn Moanth, you're a little off. "When u treat other people(Or things) different from others." Racism is a word for people, not video games.

Shaviro said:

Jeremy. Thats Racism.

Racism=When u treat other people(Or things) different from others. If u dont make fun of niggers. But make fun of us albinos. Thats racism. So is it under games. There aint a thing u cant, or shouldnt, make fun of.

Maonth: That isntĀ“t racism! Racism is when you think Humans are divided in several races (racism --> race)and that one race is in a Darwin-like sense the better one and all that stupid shit.

You're right. As long as you don't mind having your arse sued off by PC lobyists.

deadnail said:

Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
Date: 1936
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Damn Moanth, you're a little off. "When u treat other people(Or things) different from others." Racism is a word for people, not video games.

I was just pointing out theres nothing u cant or shouldnt make fun of.

Guest Sabreclaw

Not much would change, because System Shock came out about the same time, and it looked a little like DooM. Although the gameplay was a bit different. Maybe that game would have had better sales without DooM...

Guest DeAD_Stuff
Shaviro said:

I was just pointing out theres nothing u cant or shouldnt make fun of.

i am sorry to say but (yes doom was really a "next step" comapred with wolfenstein) the things would be the same if not better!!!!!!!!
also because system shock was better (well may doom is more quick easy and funny)