Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

DooM and VR

Heheh, sorry about all the posts today, but i'm thinking pretty clear today. Well, I was thinking, why dont nintendo make the GB-advance have goggles that you wear, and you plug them into the game boy, and maybe even a gun. Becuase when the GB-a comes out, it WILL have DooM! And just imagen running around the corridors of DooM, shooting the monsters with a gun! That would be kick ass! See, you have the GB-A, and Goggles plugged into it, with a gun plugged into the goggles or something. Hmm, just an idea...

Damn, Jeremy, the Gameboy Advance has a screen smaller than the numerical keypad on the right hand side of your keyboard! How the fuck are you going to aim a lightgun at that?

As for the VR goggles, why the hell would they make those? The GBA is basically a portable SNES with ultra-basic 3D support.

No, no, see, you dont understand what Im trying to say. With the goggles, WICH IS SOLD SEPRATLEY, the screen would be bigger becuase its right IN YOUR FACE!!!!and the gun, you hold it in your hand, and it has a trigger that you press to stoot, and a directional pad on it, you DONT aim with it! Besides, you dont aim in DooM, now, do we? C, even tho the DooM wouldnt be all that great, it WILL come out, and it would be funner to play it like that, than on a square with a SMALL screen! Thats what I meant!

The gameboy advance was designed from the ground up to display 2 dimensional graphics on a small screen while giving connectivity to the internet and interaction with the dophin.

It has NOT been designed in any way to give a tv-out or any other sort of connection that would allow goggles.

Besides, what happens when you play a 320x380 game (or whatever res it is; it's widescreen) on a huge screen? Giant blocks. It would look WORSE.

Hell, maby the whole thing will be goggles! And it can have a small screen, but it will seem bigger cuz its rte in your face! Any way, blocky or not, it would still be better than holding it in your hand on a seemingly smaller screen! Why not!? There can be some kind of damned port!

Besides, it was just an idea, AN IDEA, IDEA! Damn, I think deadnail neads blood thinners! God! Is'nt that right "DeadNails"

how do you know DooM will be on GBA? i hope it will be, but
i have read nothing about it. DooM on GBA will really rock
if it works with the link cable so you can ream any other
friend or enemy you'd have who also a GBA and DooM. it will
be pretty cool if it is though, since it could take advantange
of the 512 simultaneous colors (in character mode) that GBA
is capable of.

Guest Kaopectate

The GB-Advance is a portable system. Having goggles doesn't make it portable to play. It also means some people would walk right into a bus every now and then. Nintendo already did something like this called Virual Boy and if flopped. if you want to play doom or anygame this way, there are goggles u can get for your COMPUTER which are really good and only $100 bucks...except you can't really use them for more than an hour or so or you will become VERY ill.

Castlevania said:

how do you know DooM will be on GBA? i hope it will be, but
i have read nothing about it. DooM on GBA will really rock
if it works with the link cable so you can ream any other
friend or enemy you'd have who also a GBA and DooM. it will
be pretty cool if it is though, since it could take advantange
of the 512 simultaneous colors (in character mode) that GBA
is capable of.

I dont know it *WILL*, but the odds are VERY good. Its what they always do. When DooM3 come out {around the time of GBA} Nintendo will want to do DooM for the GBA. But the problems with the I-Glasses {the PC goggles} is that you can really walk around with them, and it dont look up and down when you do, or look side ways when you do, and where in the hell could you get a pair of those these days?

If you're interested in VR then I saw this episode a few months back of Tommorows World (popular BBC programme) anyway, there was this globe with loads of rollers under the huge globe what I saw was E1M1 being projected (without monsters because the technology was apparently going to be used for something other than games and they just used Doom cuz it's sooo easy to make levels etc.) inside the globe so you could actually walk around the level as if you were there apparently the idea was strung from the Holo-deck from Star Trek or something but it looked cool.

Kaopectate said:

The GB-Advance is a portable system. Having goggles doesn't make it portable to play. It also means some people would walk right into a bus every now and then. Nintendo already did something like this called Virual Boy and if flopped. if you want to play doom or anygame this way, there are goggles u can get for your COMPUTER which are really good and only $100 bucks...except you can't really use them for more than an hour or so or you will become VERY ill.

I drink around four to five liters of mountan dew a day, does that count? Maybe that's why I have a sleeping disorder. In any case, I already tried to quit but I got sicker than a dog so I guess I'm stuck. :/

Yeah, Jeremy. It's not like Nintendo is going to suddenly scrap the project they've been working on for so long and just redesign the whole idea.

I had a Virtual Boy. I rocked. However, if they had waited just a few more months they could've added the blue and green pigments and made ANY color possible. Stupid bastards. I still liked it, even though it had what, 26 games released total?

Nintendo dropped that faster than Sega dropped the 32X!

There are lots of good goggles you can get today. Unfortunately, most of them only work well with Direct3D and not OpenGL. :/

Bad Luck Ranger said:

If you're interested in VR then I saw this episode a few months back of Tommorows World (popular BBC programme) anyway, there was this globe with loads of rollers under the huge globe what I saw was E1M1 being projected (without monsters because the technology was apparently going to be used for something other than games and they just used Doom cuz it's sooo easy to make levels etc.) inside the globe so you could actually walk around the level as if you were there apparently the idea was strung from the Holo-deck from Star Trek or something but it looked cool.

I would pay a lot for something like that, as long as it can be used for some cool fps of course (doom3 or q3) =)=)=)

The GB-a is barely more advanced than a SNES. Seeing how horrible Quake was on the SNES (crappy graphics, and various elements of the engine ripped out), I don't even want to think about what mutilations they'd have to perform on the new Doom's engine to get it working at a reasonable speed on a GB-a.

The only FPS game that is generally agreed to be good on any Nintendo console is Goldeneye.