Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubba smith

DOOM3 rifle

Guest bubba smith

the new doom needs a rifle, Rifles have been used thruout history, why wouldn't they have them in the future? I dont care if its an m16 with explosive tipped bullets, but in doom or doom2 the closest thing u got to accuracy was tha rocket launcher.

Guest Sabreclaw

Good call. get some semi-auto, and fully-auto rifles out there.

If you´ve got a pistol and a railgun (remember: completely new designed) for accuracy and long range shooting, there will be no need for a rifle.

It is kind of weird that pretty much all armed forces in the world use rifles as their primary weapon but almost no FPSes have any sort of rifle in them. Doom was originally supposed to have a bayonet-tipped rifle but they didn't use it for whatever reason.

Sabreclaw said:

Good call. get some semi-auto, and fully-auto rifles out there.

I think that the bullets should be divided. Even in Quake 2 the small SMG and full size chaingun use the same ammunition which is just unrealistic.

9mm: For the pistol, and maybe a SMG upgrade later on.
7.62: For the minigun, and any other rifle weaponry.
44 Magnum: For the revolver. This is just an idea. I'd like it. Would make one helluva sniper weapon.

Now then, notice how all the normal zombies shoot at you with their rifles? Kill one and he should drop it. Fire 1 is just a single, perfectly aimed shot. Fire 2 is a tight triple shot cluster. Would be discarded immidiately upon finding a better 7.62 weapon.

Would this work, or do you hate it already? :)

HHEEEELLLL YAAA!! Doom 3 needs a assault rifle and I got just the design to. The rifle is called the TAVOR Assult Rifle or T.A.R M-21, It's a Bullpup class,And it's made from IMI(Isreal Military Industries) So far I've only seen this badass in two magazines(Guns&Ammo/Nov99)and(Special S.W.A.T/Mar2000)Find these
magazines if you want indepth info and history. But if ya don't
wanna go find the mags, Go to http://www.imi-israel.com and click
on Tavor-Bullpup Assualt Rifle,or for just pictures go to htt:/www.securityarms.com/and see it's 4 configurations. After ya'll do all that, just put a M205 grenade launcher under it. For the game,I'd like it to fire 60rds per magazine and fire burst of 3 per button tap,and full auto when you press/hold the button. And of course it's secondary/fire would be the 40mm gernade launcher. Each marine(either you,human player,human-bot,marine-mutant zombie) should only be allowed to carry 4-6 rounds per marine,since the gernades are so lethal, I don't think they should be to plentyful, After you used up your rounds you have to kill another marine/zombie to stock up.for the games sake. And this also eliminates need for a grenade launcher as a single weapon. Look at it, read about it,then send
your replies. The Tsar wants to read from ya.

Guest DoomManiac
deadnail said:

I think that the bullets should be divided. Even in Quake 2 the small SMG and full size chaingun use the same ammunition which is just unrealistic.

9mm: For the pistol, and maybe a SMG upgrade later on.
7.62: For the minigun, and any other rifle weaponry.
44 Magnum: For the revolver. This is just an idea. I'd like it. Would make one helluva sniper weapon.

Now then, notice how all the normal zombies shoot at you with their rifles? Kill one and he should drop it. Fire 1 is just a single, perfectly aimed shot. Fire 2 is a tight triple shot cluster. Would be discarded immidiately upon finding a better 7.62 weapon.

Would this work, or do you hate it already? :)

The problem I would see in a rifle would be that they are slow. If we want Doom 3 to be realistic then the rifel reload would be horendous. You would get you ass chewed up unless they are FAR away. In that case they should go with a sniper rifle like UT.

Tetzlaff said:

If you´ve got a pistol and a railgun (remember: completely new designed) for accuracy and long range shooting, there will be no need for a rifle.

Hell yea, i'd rather hava a railgun than a rifle. Both of them would be fucking stupid.

I'd allso like to be able to hit ppl with the weapons, the BFG would be real slow to use as melee, but the handgun would be quick. Kicking would be nice too

And can you tell me why a railgun would be fucking stupid in your opinion? Or was it you who said it would shoot a hole into the spaceship and the air starts floating out etc? Well, I don´t want the whole game taking place in a space environment. One space episode would be ok, and than you would find the railgun in the following episodes. Very easy.