Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

Doom Nukem'

Hmm, I just got an idea that you nut balls will flame me for...
A DooM game where Duke' and DooM are friends {this will never happen, id and GT hate each other} But it would be "Bitchen!" Heheh. And it would have the little thing from DooM and Duke' that everone loves. No, im not flaming DooM, or saying Duke' is better, or saying that would make an official DooM title, it was just an idead, okay? Got that? Good. {I would really enjoy gibbing Duke' with a handy BFG, or Duke' out DooM with a freeze ray!}

Guest Kaopectate

*kicks Jeremy repeatedly*

Duke Nukem 3d is was a way for a company to copy a good idea so they could make money...duke isn't even a good game...other than that the first two 'duke nukum' games we're kewl...

Duke copyd off DooM real bad!they just threw in mlook and jump. But the game was fun, and it would be cool to gid mr.nukem with a BFG,

Get Lameduke from http://www.3drealms.com and it will set some things straight. That was Duke Nukem 3D in development at the time that Doom 2 was released!

I hate to hear Duke called a 'Doom' clone. If I want to be a dickhead I could call Wolfenstein 3D a shitty clone of Ultima Underworld!

Duke added crouching, jumping, mouse aiming, LEVEL INTERACTIVITY, and on top of all that had an actual CHARACTER that you play as, not just a set of voiceless hands without a real identity.

Think of how well balanced an original the weapons in the game were.
Boot: Basic melee, can't really get around it. However, they did add the beautiful concept of kicking while shooting to boost damage, or throwing out a kick while still having your gun ready just to crack a window.
Pistol: Basic pistol, but at least it actually RELOADED.
Shotgun: Basic shotgun, only pump, no actual reload, did have ejected shells.
Chaingun Cannon: 3 barrelled belt fed machine gun. Basic machine gun, looks half-way cool.
RPG: Hyper deadly rocket launcher. More standard fanfare.
Pipebomb: A trap weapon. Lay them around and detonate at your wish.
Shrinker: Reduce your enemies to the size of an action figure with one shot. They will live, though, unless you run up and stomp on them! :) Damn I love this gun.
Expander: Hotdog-in-the-microwave-too-long gun. Pop!
Devastator: Double barrelled rocket launcher. This is basically the BFG of Duke3D; spray rockets mindlessly in the general direction you're aimed in.
Laser Bomb: Another trap weapon that Half-Life blatantly copied. Set the bomb on the wall and seconds later a red laser beam is emitted. Anything crosses it's path and BOOM. Fun for deathmatch!
Freezthrower: Freeze your enemies then land the fatal blow to shatter them.

Half real world weapons, half alien weapons. Very balanced, in power and usage too. One point blank shotgun blast did 86 damage!

Besides, they both had their own different engines. You can't call one a direct copy of another.

And, Jeremy, you wacky kid, if you really want to see Doom nail Duke with the BFG then just download the Duke skin for Quake 2 and be done with it.

Personally, I'm glad both games are here. They both add so much. Just think of all the fantasmagastic shit that Duke 4 will introduce to the genre!

Oh, and fuck you all, SIN was a fucking AWESOME game. You can rot in hell if you think otherwise for all I care. It's just a shame that Half-Life came out around the same time and totally slaughtered it. System Shock 2 was another fucking brilliant game, arguably BETTER than Half-Life, yet it also succombed to the mighty Valve shadow.

Alas, Looking Glass, we hardly knew ye... *sniff*

How exactly is Wolfenstein a clone of Underworld, when (unless I'm gravely mistaken) they came out in more or less the same month?

Well, I think this is the case anyway. All I know is that I have an old magazine with both games reviewed in the same issue.

In any event, the first ever first person game was 3D Monster Maze on the ZX spectrum. Anyone besides me remember that?

Kaopectate said:

*kicks Jeremy repeatedly*

Duke Nukem 3d is was a way for a company to copy a good idea so they could make money...duke isn't even a good game...other than that the first two 'duke nukum' games we're kewl...

Agreed, Duke sucks compared to Doom.

NiGHTMARE said:

How exactly is Wolfenstein a clone of Underworld, when (unless I'm gravely mistaken) they came out in more or less the same month?Well, I think this is the case anyway. All I know is that I have

Yes the first 3d shooter was called Catacombs 3-D, made by id guys while they were still working for someone else. I never played it though.

Lengis said:

Yes the first 3d shooter was called Catacombs 3-D, made by id guys while they were still working for someone else. I never played it though.

Uh, the NOVEL gave the marine a name. NONE of the games or booklets directly name your character.

BTW, the message I replied to: You misspelled 'faggot'.

Guest inferno
Lengis said:

dont get all mad at me if im wrong...but i always thought advanced dungeons and dragons for intelivision was the first first-person shooter

Guest doomgod12345
deadnail said:

Uh, the NOVEL gave the marine a name. NONE of the games or booklets directly name your character.

BTW, the message I replied to: You misspelled 'faggot'.

ok the doom guy was not given a name in the games for one reason. you are the doom guy when u play it adds to the first person part of the game

Guest JudgeDooM

I'd prefer a game intitled "Flynn Taggart vs Duke Nukem"...