Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Without this...It wouldnt be DooM!

ID. PLEASE LOOK AT THIS:

If these things arent gonna be implemented, its not DooM.

An intermission screen.
Some of the old textures.
Good moody music. COME ON. HAVE BOBBY DO IT ID!
A status bar.
All the old monsters plus some new.
All the old weapons plus 1 new.

In general. ALL that was in DooM 1 and 2. AND HAVE BOBBY PRINCE DO THE MUSIC MAN.

Guest TossMonkey

Hmmm yeah it needs a good amount of similarity to it *but* have you ever heard the ambient music to quake by NiN?? Believe me when I say the music will ROCK!!! Get used to the idea that iD have chosen who is doing the music!
As for the other stuff-
A intermission screen = loading screen. It'll have to be in!!
Old textures? - We want the same style *but* this game is gonna be from scratch!! I think your too caught up with nostalgia man.
I think that the hell spawn will be in the game, I want to see my old favourites so I can blow them away again!!

as for the new weapon, ha!! this will be the railgun!!

Just like Doom to Doom 2. If you don't ask for anything more you might not get anything more. I'd like to see EVERYTHING return, with at LEAST as much new stuff too.

Eat what?
No way I'm eating that shit!

U mean like. DooM 1 to DooM 2?

I would like the same amount of new things. But all the old stuff gotta be there too.

We both agree all the old stuff must stay.

However, in the initial post on this thread you only asked for 1 new weapon, in the same fashion that Doom 2 only added 1 new weapon over Doom. Personally, I would like to see a shitload of new weapons with limited carrying capacity.

I pray they don't throw in the railgun. What a waste of a single player experience.

Imagine it in Doom3. Instead of haveing to get somewhat close to your enemies you can snipe them from far away. Got where is your "let's tear them apart" attitude? Unless the railgun works differently from previous id games, you can be sure to count that gun out of the arsenal

deadnail said:

We both agree all the old stuff must stay.

However, in the initial post on this thread you only asked for 1 new weapon, in the same fashion that Doom 2 only added 1 new weapon over Doom. Personally, I would like to see a shitload of new weapons with limited carrying capacity.

I dont think there should be more than 1 maybe 3 new Weapons.

You forgot the most important thing that those bozos keep leaving out of their games... an AUTOMAP!!

Tawney said:

I pray they don't throw in the railgun. What a waste of a single player experience.

Imagine it in Doom3. Instead of haveing to get somewhat close to your enemies you can snipe them from far away. Got where is your "let's tear them apart" attitude? Unless the railgun works differently from previous id games, you can be sure to count that gun out of the arsenal

You're right about the enemies, usually you do have to get up close and personal - even though most monsters I classify as "slow, crawling horrors" (means that they don't move very fast but are extremely dangerous up close). Actually the only enemies that seem to move at a reasonable speed are demons, revenants, lost souls, and the cyberdemon.

There needs to be many, many new weapons so that you get that "oooh, I wanna try this against that guy" feeling, constantly and for a while. If you add about 6+ more weaps that all behave differently (other than railgun, railgun off-balances the game. If there is a rail-gun, ammo should be scarce) then you get that effect (have them binded to keys for weaps with similar effects to "normal" doom guns. eg minigun on #4, pulse rifle on #6).

Guest Epiphany

So in otherwords, keep all of the original Doom features but add in some simple additions, not to over complicate the game but to make it interesting to play. Keep dreaming mate - you know they are going to stuff it up.

Guest Spectre
Lüt said:

You forgot the most important thing that those bozos keep leaving out of their games... an AUTOMAP!!

No shit.