Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hellspawn

Just a quick Doom64 question...

Guest Hellspawn

...now, first of all... yes, I know this is a Doom 3 forum. Not Doom 64. But I figure someone around here might be able to answer my question.

Now, I have a ROM of Doom 64. I want to extract all the music from the ROM (although I REALLY want the ending music), and eventually convert to .MP3, burn to CD, and have myself another Doom soundtrack CD. Is there any way to extract the files I need?

First of all, all of those sounds for the soundtrack are individual samples, like a soundfont. Just extract them, and you still have to assemble them into the proper order. There is no "SPC" style utility for N64 games... not yet.

There are, however, two good ways to get the job done. If you have a really nice soundcard, open up Goldwave and set it to record all wave output. Make a generous 15 or 20 minute long blank file. Start recording and run UHLE or whatever emulator you prefer. Get to the level you want, find a silent place (most levels start you in one conveniently) and just wait while the music loops and Goldwave records it.

The other way is similar. Hook up a, gasp, real N64 and line the audio right into your soundcard. Open up Goldwave and hit record on the line-in to get the audio that way. Use line-in, mic is only mono. You'll pick up a little air this way but it shouldn't be too bad.

I guess, if you REALLY want it bad, you could also just put your PC microphone in front of your TV. But that would suck balls. :)

BTW, anyone else seen those new CD-RW/DVD drives? Those damn things read CD, CDi, CD-DA, CD-XA, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-Extra, DVD, DVD Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, and also WRITE CD-R and CD-RW all at good speeds for around $250. Sounds pretty damn convenient. In my opinion, those things should be included in EVERY new computer nowadays... heheh.

In a year I'll bet that exact same model will be less than $100.

Just wait until you can snag portable DVD-RW audio players that read MP3 data. You can fit almost sixty hours of music on one disc that way! They already have CD-RW audio players with 32 megs of ram on them for $200...

Guest Figalizard

Heh.. I searched and searched for a program that would let me record and still play sound files.. then I plugged in a microphone, and stuck it next to the speaker and went and played while recording.. it took me 20min to get into the game, get the sound I wanted, quit and STOP the recording! lol I ended up with a 200mb wav file that -almost- crashed my computer when I tried to open it.. I had to use Windows Sound Recorder to edit the file and delete all the unwanted stuff, it was Horrible and every change I made took my computer 5 min to wake up from LoL..

Dont listen to those fools {jk} Just go to Yahoo, and type "Doom 64" , and there is a web site {like, one of the first ones} And it has EVERY DooM64 song!!!

Guest Epiphany

This is obviously wrong but I was under the impression that Doom 64 had no music except for some menu / intro music. Keep in mind that i've never played it much (i thought it sucked.) What I would like to know is there an internet site that contains all the playstation Doom music - now that rocked.

Guest Hellspawn

Granted, most of the levels were without music. But the music that is in there... (i.e. the end theme, now THAT rocks. I love the end theme. If/when there is a Doom movie, it has to be the theme for that... because it rocks.) is killer. I've never heard the music for the Playstation version, so I am interested in hearing that as well (I don't have a Playstation, that's why).

Epiphany said:

This is obviously wrong but I was under the impression that Doom 64 had no music except for some menu / intro music. Keep in mind that i've never played it much (i thought it sucked.) What I would like to know is there an internet site that contains all the playstation Doom music - now that rocked.

is the ps (playstation) music the same as the doom
for PC?