Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bad Luck Ranger

My DOOM3 Ideas... big interesting post here!

Everyone's constantly talking about the single player aspect of the next Doom game and even though John Carmack himself said that Doom would primarily be a single player experience almost every game on the market has a multiplayer mode and id would be crazy not to have DM!
Anyway, here's my idea:
How about a Demon mode game. How about everyone's a demon, either an Imp or a Demon and they all have to fight it out in a hellish arena either that or a mode where you can play as a Demon and fight against the space marine players ala Alien Vs Predator DM.
It could prove interesting.
Now for my single player idea... and I know everyone's said it already but oh well!

How about the ability to start as different characters, there'll be already configured characters i.e. Flynn Taggart, Arlene etc and these characters would be built around limited alocation points into different atributes and yes I did get the idea from the (much hated by the majority here) RPGs.
Depending on how strong your character is, the amount of damage the character can maintain.
Also what about a choice of professions for example if your character has the profession as a field medic he/she would be able to use medikits to all they're worth for example; instead of getting 25% out of a medikit he/she would get 35% etc.
If your character is a crack commando then he/she would have better stealth capability and the reloading time of some weapons would be inproved.
If your character is a hired mercenary then he/she would be an all-round sort've of character, neither better or worse.
I'm not sudgesting that you could character build throughout the game like in the Final Fantasy games. I'm just saying that before you play a new game you could tailor your hero so to speak.

Also weapons? Everyones had their say about weapons well why shoudl I be different.
1) Fists, Chainsaw, Industrial-use Nailgun (a real-life nailgun, infact I own one, it's primarily used to bolt pieces of metal but you need contact for it so image charging a demon getting the nailgun you found in the maintenance bay and bolting the bastards skull, killing the demon almost instantly... but not all enemies mind you.).
2) Pistol (you're usual 15 bullet magazines, nothing special).
Pressing two to toggles between the Pistol and Machinegun.
2) Machinegun (I like the bulky industrial feel of the machinegun in Quake3 some might disaggree but hey, it's my post! more like a mini-chaingun, doesn't do as much damage but just slightly better than the pistol).
3) Shotgun (Keep the look, man... juts keep the goddamn look! It's what made it Doom!)
Pressing three toggles between Shotgun and Super (or double-barrel cos I ain't American) Shotgun.
3) Super (I've always called it a double-barrel..) Shotgun (No need to change it, I want a big mega *KABOOOOOM* then the cool sound of the reloading).
4) Chaingun (hopefully they'll make it look really retro but modern??? So I won't comment on this... it'll only cause an argument).
5) Rocket Launcher (More splash-damager, a bigger *WHOOSSHH* factor).
6) Plasmagun (Aslong as it's better than the one in Quake3 I'll be happy, I would like the look to stay the same... why change "the look").
Pressing six toggles between the Plasmagun and the BFG 9000.
6) BFG 9000 (Nothing should change about this weapon's cability. Just make the ground shake when it's used.)
7) The Nightmare Stick (TM) - Right, a brief explaination of my weapon idea. Imagine a hellish staff that was created by the Icon of Sin as protection against the evil minions he created. This weapon fires trapped souls (this weird orb of morphing faces screaming, god imagine the noise!) that rip through demons causing their blood to boil in a matter of seconds. The orb continues to fly until there's no demons in the room or the orb hits a wall or object.
Maybe someone else could think of a better name for this weapon. Aslong as it's not "Death Rod" or "Hell Staff" because those are just variations to my name.
The Nightmare Stick (TM) should creat this really vile inhuman pain-filled scream... nasty to use and even nastier to the victims.

Well, this was a fancy and long post at least I didn't go on about why the Railgun should not be in the game!

Guest T-N-T

Oh, too many words...I think I lost interest...sorry. My head hurts now :(

Ok total ripoff here. "Nightmare Stick"? Sounds exactly like the Dark Staff in Rise of the Triad. The Dark Staff shoots a ball of energy that goes through bad guys and glass and stuff and explodes them on the way. As for hitting every demon in the room, Rise of the Triad also had the hand of god in which it would make scary hellish noises while it hits each person before hitting something.

Wait a min??? Wasn't Rise of the Triads that game that used the Wolfenstein 3D game engine???
How the hell did they do all that with such a crap game engine?!
But you have to admit that the "Nightmare Stick" would be the ULTIMATE weapon that the new Doom would need.

I never played Rise of the Triads, mainly because all the screen shots I saw looked the same and it looked like a re-vamped Wolfenstein but basically, who cares if it sounds like a weapon from Rise of the Triads? Did you say the RPG from Duke Nukem 3D was a rip off from the Doom rocket launcher???
People have said "why not have a minigun like the one from Aliens Vs Predator?" in this here forum! Is that a rip off idea???

Guest Erick20
T-N-T said:

Oh, too many words...I think I lost interest...sorry. My head hurts now :(

I would hesitate to add another huge weapon to doom.. the BFG already takes care of a room at a time. Also I think the weapons should stay with one theme; space marine. I would think that a hell stick or something simulare would confuse alot of players (including me).

Guest turbo-orbot

How do you defeat the icon of sin, anyway?