• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaopectate

RailGun???

Guest Kaopectate

Ok...obviously we don't need a railgun.
However, I keep seing people (even cool people) bitch and moan about how there can't be any sniper-type weapons in DooM...

Do you mean to tell me that you've never used the shotgun to pick off an imp or a zombie from a distance???

Shame. Shame. That's one of my cheapest tricks in DooM and has saved my ass in many a megawad (namely Memento Mori).

Guest c-d-w

Exactly - The chaingun also makes a great distance weapon when
you tap the button, it won't go inaccurate, making it a perfect
sniper gun if need be.
Thats what you call using what you have to your advantage, which
I prefer, rather than having all sorts of special-situtation
guns tailor made for various types of combat.
Give me the basics (pistol, shotgun, automatic) and I'll still have a great time.

Sure, that´s also a reason why I want the 2 shotguns: Single Barrel Shotgun more accuracy even for long distance, but weaker than DB Shotgun; Double Barrel Shotgun for medium + short distance, double damage than SB Shotgun, but lower rate of fire.

But...I just love railgun-type weapons, you have to react very quickly and aim most precisely, and that is a good alternative to "berserker" weapons like shotguns and chainguns, you know?

...No railgun, but they should make the plasma bolts from the plasma gun go really fast, like 2.4x as fast as the ones in doom.

It would be hard to dodge, and the damage would collect nicely.

And another thing is that I don't want the damage to be menialized like they did with quake2 and quake3 (machineguns and stuff got their damage reduced for some reason). They need to keep the weapons nice and deadly like normal, and not as weak as the ones from Q2 or Q3.