Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

My movie.

Yes, you heard that right. When I turn 16, I am going to make the DooM movie myself. I can edit some DooM models into a well crafted video, and it will rock! I will use my best skill to make some DooM comp. animated monsters to throw in, and I have a script in the works. Oh yeah, who got the BFG? I oculd really use that! -Jeremy

Hey everyone, read Jeremy's post again like it was me being sarcastic. Funny, isn't it?

Well Jeremy, if you're serious and you wish to follow it all through to the end, more power to you! I'd prefer if you did it with Poser and 3DSMax, though. Paper cutouts in scenes that are obviously your bedroom or basement will only get you ridiculed.

There are a lot of assholes around here (I've met quite a few of them, they say "FuCK YoU" istead of "Hello") so don't let them discourage you.

Have fun. That is what life is all about.

Just don't kill your neighbor with your prototype Plasma Rifle, alright Junior? Heheh. 8)

Go ahead with it! But surely you aren't planning on using existing sprites from the Doom games???? If I was you I'd read up about Machinima... there's a cool website hosted at PlanetQuake about it.
Sorry I couldn't give you an exact URL but I can't find it in my "mile-wide" favourites!

deadnail said:

Hey everyone, read Jeremy's post again like it was me being sarcastic. Funny, isn't it?

Well Jeremy, if you're serious and you wish to follow it all through to the end, more power to you! I'd prefer if you did it with Poser and 3DSMax, though. Paper cutouts in scenes that are obviously your bedroom or basement will only get you ridiculed.

There are a lot of assholes around here (I've met quite a few of them, they say "FuCK YoU" istead of "Hello") so don't let them discourage you.

Have fun. That is what life is all about.

Just don't kill your neighbor with your prototype Plasma Rifle, alright Junior? Heheh. 8)

Hey thanx. I do have poser, but I dont exactly know how to use it. I can only to the cutom human muscles with it! But yeah, I am going to use a couple of abandone factories and wearhouses, im going to shoot the film, and transfer it to my pc, somehow make some monsters, and throw em' in. I think it will turn out ok.

Cool, just send me a copy when you get it finished (however many *years* that might take). A movie does'nt have to use real people or even real scenes to be somewhat good. There are a few movies that came out in the last ~ 1/2 year that were completley computer generated (like Titan AE).
And a non-movie series that was good (not in my opinion though, not enough blood!) was "Roughnecks : The Starship Trooper Chronicles".

Problem is that you wil really have to hunker-down to do it, it will take a very long time to do - no matter your experience with programs.

And another tip... since your making it on computer you may want to produce everything in your programs including scenery, it just looks better when everything is completely consistant (this means level editing of a whole 'nother kind!).

Please spend a great deal of time on your character models, using multiple "skins" so you don't get that "cloned" herd feeling.

*To make realistic skins they need to be of great resolution, great texture detail, and pretty sharp with some contrast. You can't just make an imp with no texture to it like doom's originals were, you must delve into your imagination and how it might look in "real life" (you may want to try a brownish-snakeskin type of texture - not with scales though).

*I wouldn't exactly make the pig/bull demons pink, hell I probably wouldn't even keep thier original appearance. I would keep in mind that they will be very dirty (lotsa "crap" - discussed later on), have blood on them, be about 400 lbs and about 5.5 ft tall
(the example I have in mind is of a creature from a cancelled sci-fi series called "earth 2", was a nasty bulky creature with a big mouth)

*The explosions don't have to be of the same effect they are in doom. You can feel free to experiment with brief flashes with lotsa smoke (to get that frag-grenade effect). More advanced stuff like plasma should probably generate lotsa sparks on impact, and the bfg blast should probably just be a blinding flash of light (impact).

*If your going to include big monsters in it, feel free but do know they require much more attention than normal characters, as they are larger and have more surface area to cover (cacos, PE's, barons, cyb's, spiders).
The cyberdemon didn't look too good on doom64 and they rendered those creatures in a modeller first - just another example of bad "skinning".

*Big monsters like cyberdemons need lots of "crap" (as I call it, it's like small things hanging off of them or pieces of mud, or whatever.) to add to the effect of them being vile and dangerous, larger monsters should probably be wider too instead of being so slender (again using d64's cyberdemon example) as to give them that "toughness" quality.

*You may be able to pick up ideas from common "new" movies such as "the matrix", "starwars: episode 1", "titan AE", and others i may have failed to mention.

That's just my thoughts on it. I would make it but I don't have the free time, creative thought, or the programs/hardware to do it.