Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TossMonkey

You Guys!!!

Guest TossMonkey

You lot make me laugh! I don't think you really know what you want from DooM3 at all!! some of you say you want it to be different from ids other games and some of you want it to be exaclty the same as doom!!! make up your minds! this game is going to be one of the two things 1. the best game ever! which will save ids sorry hide or 2. The game which puts the final nail in the coffin for iD. I mean quake3 didn't even make the number one spot last christmas!! which is a first for id. If they fuck up this game I'm not buying any more of their games. Epic has beat them in the multiplayer stakes for more reasons than I could explain!! lets see - weapons were mostly original expect the minigun and handgun!!! umm bots were cool, level design was the coolest, better textures than ids. more variety in gameplay. the characters (although 4 models) had fantastic animation. they breathed at least. Its this kind of subtlety which id are missing here! id are going to end up just making engines and most of the id team are going to leave. hardly any of the people at id now worked on the original doom. it going to be very different to what doom was. the characters in all ids games are bland nowadays. look at any game now and they have quite a lot more bad guys than the id games. almost twice as much. id had better buck up there ideas or they will lose their market niche. which is saying something. its supposedly going to be something we haven't seen yet maybe looking like renders or better (yes better!). I think photographic is what were looking at here. overall I have lost the plot and have gone completely off course as to what this rant was about. :)

Oh yeah thats it. GET SOME NEW GAMES FFS!!!!! you all seem loved up on doom. get something different. really i mean it!! Is this all you lot play?? I dont care if I offend anyone in this paragraph. If I get through to one person I will have succseded. Doom3 is going to be so much different to doom you wont believe it. they are using the name as a marketing tactic. only a few people worked on the original who are in id now. this is going to end ids supreme reign. you dont have to trust me. you can see it a mile off. id will end up being a few people making game engines. I am losing faith in id at the moment. I really want them to prove me wrong but they are going the looking glass route. looking glass's games rocked and they went broke. what will happen to id??

only time will tell.

So basically you're saying that you think we should all have exactly the same hopes and expectations for the new game? Sorry, but you are seriously delluded. Everyone is different, and there will never be a single subject on earth, no matter how minor, that doesn't have people disagreeing over some aspect of it.

And secondly, Looking Glass might have gone bust, but how many of their staff owned ferraris and jags? Not many, if any.

NiGHTMARE said:

So basically you're saying that you think we should all have exactly the same hopes and expectations for the new game? Sorry, but you are seriously delluded. Everyone is different, and there will never be a single subject on earth, no matter how minor, that doesn't have people disagreeing over some aspect of it.

And secondly, Looking Glass might have gone bust, but how many of their staff owned ferraris and jags? Not many, if any.

First and foremost, how many of you are still in High School? I ask because of the spelling errors. If nothing else type your post somewhere else (Yahoo! Mail or Word) and spellcheck it before you send it off.

As for us playing more and different games, I have over $4000 sunk into my game collection. I like classic shooters, console RPGs, survival horror, 1-on-1 fighters, beat-'em-ups, oh to hell with it I'd be typing all day. I barely even find time to play Doom nowadays.

Owning Ferraris and Jags doesn't mean shit to me. I loved their games and they never got the support they needed. System Shock 2, arguably better than Half-Life, came out around the same time but didn't get any advertisement! What the hell? Why did they just grab their ankles for Valve?

Jeremy said:

Shut up and go play your little stupid half-life...

You suck Jeremy