Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Intestinalworm

Bio sludge thrower

Guest Intestinalworm

I think this gun would be great and even though it sounds sorta like the ges gun from Unreal but it is much better.

The gas released from the evaporation and explosion of the sludge balls causes severe muscle contraction, hallucinations and massive hemorrhaging to all the major internal organs (heart, liver, lungs, etc.). Thus it reduces targeted enemies into writhing, spastically shooting, blood filled sacks of pain for about 2 minutes after which they die from a combination of shock, internal bleeding and asphyxiation caused by either swallowing their tongue or drowning in their own saliva. After death the body becomes a breeding ground for the Bio agent and transforms into a boiling pool of biological waste. The sludge is highly volatile and also has extreme elastic and kinetic properties being almost 100% energy efficient on a bounce. All this means is that the weapon is a grenade launcher that breeds itself more ammo inside the gun and fires bouncing projectiles that either detonates on contact with organic matter or waits a few seconds and releases an explosion with nasty side effects.

Nasty gun eh?

1st) Would the gas released from the explosion instantly render you immobile?
2nd) In a heated deathmatch no one wants to sit there for two minutes waiting for their player to die.
3rd) It 'breeds' it's own ammo? It'd better do it slowly, then.
4th) Wait you WANT to immobilize your victims? Why, so you can get some more health?

What are you... a camper? 8)

Now then, as long as we're talking... anyone played Excessive Overkill for Q3A/UT?

I **LOVE** the Plasma Rifle modifications! In my opinion that's what *ALL* FPS games have been missing, a real and genuine Contra style spread gun!

Guest Intestinalworm

The gas does not instantly take effect it takes a few seconds to take hold. In deathmatch after being shot it should count the player dead so they can respawn and continue playing even when the old body isn't dead yet. I was thinking it should also have a limited maximum ammo like Half-Life's hornet gun. NO I NEVER CAMP >=(

So... would you say the gas rips through their HP like swimming in sludge or swimming in lava? Like sludge, I hope.

So... you could respawn and then shoot your earlier body? That's kinduva weird idea but I like it. Would shooting your dead-but-alive alter-ego result in a negative frag? Nah. But what the hell, eh? Put yourself out of your own misery. :) "Hit the ground and twich! Yeah, that'll teach me!"

Limited max ammo. That's a good way to tone it down. If that hornet gun had a limit of 20 it'd be REALLY deadly, especially with the alt-fire.

Oh, relax. We ALL camp every now and then, we just don't admit to it. Personally campers don't bother me so long as I can blow them from their perch with a well placed grenade. The suckers that really piss me off are the ones that camp right near the respawning points! There are some real bastards on Half-Life deathmatches that do that all the time! One time I respawned and three times in a row I was executed with a point-blank double barreled shotgun blast (how the hell does that come from a SPAS 12, anyway?). Yep, I disconnected. Suckers ruined my game.

What I'd like to see would be a series of levels where all the floors are made out of ice... slip'n'slide... no one could camp, especially if the walls were bouncers like the jump-pads in Q3A!

I was kidding. Okay you never camp. Sorry, didn't know you were sensitive about it. =8*)-~

If spawning spots are well placed in a level (i.e. spread out or in out of reach places), this type of camping should be impossible.

By "out of reach places" I mean, say, a high up room that you can't reach once you leave it, or somewhere with a one-way door, (ala several Gothic DM maps), etc.

Guest GazG

just make it so that the player who respawns is invulnerable for 2 - 3 seconds