Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

idgames file search

A few times when looking for files on 3darchives I've had to spend quite a while browsing the directories to find the file I wanted. I found this annoying so I've made this file search page. Its still beta quality and is a bit slow so be patient. Tell me what you think of it and please report bugs if you find any :)

Awesome.

I found what I was looking for in under 20 seconds, so it's not that
slow. Great work.

Did a quick test typing in overload, gothic and some other files. No problems encountered. Very usefull

999cop said:

Put the link up on the index page of dw, fraggle.

Methinks you overestimate his power.

Linguica said:

Methinks you overestimate his power.

Nonsense! fraggle overpowers all!

I tried it out on almost every id games doom dir, it works flawlessly as far as I can see.

Thanks everyone :)

I added mirror support, you may be interested to know. I dont know many idgames mirrors though, so whats there to select is from the list of mirrors in the idgames README. If anyone else knows any good mirrors, let me know.

fraggle you are a sexy beast! Thanks =)

Wait, there's a file on /idgames that lists ALL the files in all the directories? I never knew that. I would have written something like this a long time ago!

RailGunner said:

i think the next beta should have a directory fuction, so you can look in a directory.

What exactly do you mean? You can browse directories on the main FTP site..

Sorry to bump old threads (BBG: PLEASE DONT KILL ME!) but I thought this was relevant. Julian has kindly donated the doomsearch.com domain so you can now access the search from doomsearch.com. I'm still doing some work on the search making it a bit faster. Does anyone have any feature requests?

It would be nice if there was a place where people could review the wads they downloaded.

Shaviro said:

It would be nice if there was a place where people could review the wads they downloaded.

Yeah, that would be a cool, a "User File Reviews" section. Dunno what the ratings could be...1-10, 1-5 stars or...1-5 Skull icons (the skull selector icon in Doom).

bigbadgangsta said:

Yeah, that would be a cool, a "User File Reviews" section. Dunno what the ratings could be...1-10, 1-5 stars or...1-5 Skull icons (the skull selector icon in Doom).

Then you could have a database over the best/worst/most played wad etc...

Fraggle, I suppose you use the mirror box just to properly generate links. imo it would be better to have the different links for each result in the result page. my $0.02 tho.

fraggle said:
I added mirror support, you may be interested to know. I dont know many idgames mirrors though,

I try to keep http://www.doomworld.com/d_underg/idgames.shtml/ as complete as possible. I'd missed ftp.gamers.org tho. The only one I know of that you're missing is ftp.ntua.gr .

Maonth said

levels/reviews/