Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Baron of Hell

Doom 64 style Demons in Doom 3

Guest Baron of Hell

Have you played Doom 64? Have you seen the demons!? In comparison to the cpu version I think the demons look much cooler. I am a hardcore Doom fan and I think the demon design for the N64 is damn good. I think ID should use the demon designs from Doom64 in Doom 3. I think those designs had much more of a real look to them. I'd also like to see some new weapons in the new Doom. Maybe a demon glove-type weapon which makes lesser monsters jib, while only popping holes in the stronger ones?

I think it would be better if they give new design to most of the old monsters (and add many new monsters of cause).
Some suggestions:

-Imp: Just like Q3A´s Klesk, not like a Gholem. The Gholem look could maybe used for the Nightmare Imp or othervariations.

-Heavy Weapon Dude: A little bit stronger and fatter then the old one, bearded.

-Zombiemen: Many variations (zombified civilians, soldiers, engineers, as often said before), white eyes, slow movements, maybe a little bit like the zombies in Resident Evil 2.

-Cacodaemon: Not just a red ball...maybe add tentakles or something like that.

-Bull Demon: Should walk on 4 feet like an animal, because he only uses his strong teeth (it looked ridiculous when he had small useless arms like a T. Rex), strong chin, strong teeth (not oversized like a deep sea fish), a little ork-like.

-Hell Knight and Baron: Totally new design! No beast like Minotaur look, that was silly. Maybe a strange humanoid cyebernetic wizzard look.

Guest Baron of Hell

Tetzilaff, I agree with alot of your ideas they really kick ass however, I think the Baron of Hell and the Hell knight should stay same Just a hell of alot more Detailed with better AI. I also dont think they should use klesk as a model for the Imp They could do better then that.

ps love the 4 leg thing
with the bull dog demon.

My first thought, when I saw Quake3´s Klesk with his spikes, his leather brown skin and his hellish alien look, was: THIS is an Imp! :) Ok, they could make it even better, but I think Klesk is nearly perferct (exept his voice! His voice isn´t the voice of an Imp).

Sorry to step on everyone's shit here, tetzlaff has very good points, but ask yourself this:
Is doom really a hell game?

...or is it sci-fi?

because the books provide answers to the demons, and make the plot of doom into sci-fi.

Guest mancuvus
Tetzlaff said:

My first thought, when I saw Quake3´s Klesk with his spikes, his leather brown skin and his hellish alien look, was: THIS is an Imp! :) Ok, they could make it even better, but I think Klesk is nearly perferct (exept his voice! His voice isn´t the voice of an Imp).

hey dont ya think there must be a devil, something like the cyberdemon but bigger and without cybernetic parts only using magic powers and been too fast, lika boss or a new version of the final boss in doom 2

i think the mancuvus and the lost souls must be as they are now

sirgalahadwizar said:

Sorry to step on everyone's shit here, tetzlaff has very good points, but ask yourself this:
Is doom really a hell game?

...or is it sci-fi?

because the books provide answers to the demons, and make the plot of doom into sci-fi.

I already noticed that you prefer the sci-fi and space aspects of the game. I think, Doom is an unique mixture of sci-fi, occultism and martial aspects. I played Doom1 long time ago, but I think it was phobos space station settings and some hellish invaders. In Doom2 (my favorite, I play it again and again) there it was described as an invasion of earth by aliens and hell creatures.

mancuvus said:

hey dont ya think there must be a devil, something like the cyberdemon but bigger and without cybernetic parts only using magic powers and been too fast, lika boss or a new version of the final boss in doom 2

i think the mancuvus and the lost souls must be as they are now

Yes, why not?
By the way, why do you spell it "mancuvus"? I think it´s "mancubus", and that is a funny play on words including "incubus" (a nightmare sitting on your chest when you sleep) and "manducus" (that was the "glutton" in antique commedies).
I would find it better if the lost souls look like glowing human shadow-like faces, or like the morphing faces someone mentioned before. There are too many skulls in Doom.

Guest mancuvus

yea maybe you are right, the lost souls must be better like real lost soul would be an human shadow or kinda silouette of fire something like that, about the "mancuvus", it was only a grammar mistake, hey what is that about the doom3 will need a geforce 3d card or higer?, it means i could not play it ? i have a voodoo3 3000

Guest Jes

A lot of things about Doom64 were excellent: the demons, the music and the demonic artifacts that you could collect from the secret levels...
except for the Arachnotron which I think looks cheap and unconvincing...