Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

MOTHER FUC&* ID

Man, id software don't know how important music is to DooM. The music in DooM is what made it so good. The music was artistic, it gave you the feel of being there, it wasnt just some slapped together nin shit. Nin belongs in Quake, not DooM, what the hell is wrong with id!? I wish id read these forums. Just play the snes DooM, and go to level 2, take your time, listen to the whole song, run around the level. Now, put in your nin 8 track, er, cassette, I mean cd, and listen to that SHIT, put in your Quake CD, that music is non-existent, and would not go good with DooM at all! Were Bobby Prince, he made perfect-DooM music, and it fit right into the game.
And another thing, like hell, did DooM make anyone kill. Its the media that makes people kill, its called PHSYCO, not DooM. The only reaon they picked DooM out to blame is explained here: DooM movie, in progression, media: "Oh no, a violent movie, hey bob, didnt some kids just get shot at school? Ok then, lets blame it on DooM so sony and id will can the idea! Heheh, good idea John!".
Fuck the media. And id, get Bobby Prince back, not Reznor. If your with me, good, if your not FUCK YOU, and the media too. You have been lectured by -Jeremy

Dig around the net and find the MP3s Bobby Prince made of his Doom music (NOT the ones on Doomworld, they're even worse).
They're bad. REALLY bad. They sound like little more than slightly spruced up MIDIs. This stuff would not go well in a modern game.

Okay, Bobby might have access to better equipment if he were working for ID, but take a listen to Mark Klem's MP3s of his MIDIs (http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/61/mark_klem.html), they are really good quality (well, most of 'em), and I know for a factthat Mark doesn't have access to a full on recording studio. In short, Bobby Prince does MIDI, not MP3 or CD-quality.

Also, the Quake music was supposedly made in one weekend. Trent is apparently planning on spending several months on the Doom music, and don't forget that he is a huge Doom fan; I'm sure he's as well aware of all of us how important Doom's music was, and will strive to try to re-achieve it's great quality.

I for one am looking forward to the music, especially the almost guaranteed remixes of existing Doom tunes. For all those doubters out there: for god's sakes, just wait and see! You have no idea how it will sound (well, okay, maybe some), and if you don't like it, USE A DIFFERENT CD!

One final thought: If you're worried about Trent Reznor doing the music for Doom, spare a thought for American McGee's Alice. Nine Inch Nail's ex-DRUMMER is doing the music for that :)

Guest LRM

Amen, Jeremy!

I really like someone bringing up this whole "doom influences kids" bullshit. If a kid doesn't know the differnces between real shooting and make-believe, its the parents fault. I played doom for the first time when I was about 6 or 7, but my parent took 2 minutes of their time to tell me violence in the media was fake, and is not a normal thing in real life, and i'm perfectly fine!

Yes, violence in the media has little impact on the real world. And who are the main people who tell us about the problem? Uh, it's the media.

Wait... it couldn't be that they're trying to damage the reputation of rival companies, could it?

You´re right with the music, it was an very important aspect of the Doom athmosphere. I don´t hate NIN nor like them very much, but it wouldn´t be the best chose for Doom III. That NIN-stuff is just martial, but it has no demonic and thrilling touches.

Thank God we haven't had the usual flux of NIN fans in here yet. I agree with you completely, everything that moron has done has "MENTAL BLOCK" written all over it. I think it's just because Reznor and Carmack are buddies or something, it's no longer a business thing but a relationship thing. (Which is usually how most bands work in the first place, but between a company and it's sub-contractors, I think it's a big mistake.)

Guest JudgeDooM

...I actually like the Quake music, I often play at Doom with this CD in the drive. I especially like the map2 music (still in quake), it's very Doom style. But of course, what I would really appreciate, is that the Doom Plastation music is in the next DooM. God, make it happen !!!!!

NiGHTMARE said:

Yes, violence in the media has little impact on the real world. And who are the main people who tell us about the problem? Uh, it's the media.

Wait... it couldn't be that they're trying to damage the reputation of rival companies, could it?

Violence in the media is going up.
The actual crime rate is going down.

We're just now starting to catch up with what other countries have been broadcasting for decades. People are investigating the link between this all.

Relax. It's not like Leiberman is going to kick in your door and yoink Quake 3 right out of your hands. Outright banning anything is, get this, illegal. Ta da!

So only 17+ year olds can buy violent games. Boohoo. Don't you have older brothers? Hell, if I saw you I'D buy it for you. :)

Guest inferno
Lüt said:

Thank God we haven't had the usual flux of NIN fans in here yet. I agree with you completely, everything that moron has done has "MENTAL BLOCK" written all over it. I think it's just because Reznor and Carmack are buddies or something, it's no longer a business thing but a relationship thing. (Which is usually how most bands work in the first place, but between a company and it's sub-contractors, I think it's a big mistake.)

yea your right the music buisness is mostly about relationships, but really, id knows that we aren't going to buy this game just because of the music, i mean, sure...music plays a big role but us hard-core doom fans (especially me)will buy doom 3 no matter what...i think

NiGHTMARE said:

Hey, were not talking about his bad music, and were not talking about midis. Were talking about the good music that goes with DooM, LIKE THE MP3S ON THIS SITE! NiN just dont mix with DooM, its not bad music, infact, I love NiN, BUT IT JUST DONT GO WITH DOOM!

JudgeDooM said:

...I actually like the Quake music, I often play at Doom with this CD in the drive. I especially like the map2 music (still in quake), it's very Doom style. But of course, what I would really appreciate, is that the Doom Plastation music is in the next DooM. God, make it happen !!!!!

Quake during Doom? You need to cut back on the crack.

Need background music for Doom (preferably Inferno)? Go here:

http://members.xoom.com/mippage/gonkulatory_havens/danzig.html

And just go down the list.

JudgeDooM said:

I have too agree with judgedoom on this one, I also own Bobby Prince's version of the doom music,heard the snes version too, And it's good!!! Really, But I feel personally that most of the
game's levels music was way to "PEPPY"... If that's the right word for it. Too up beat, maybe except level E1M5, that's my favorite level music. Then comes the playstation's Doom, I thought I was going to hear the same music, But when I hit that
first level.............Man, my heart sank down to my balls!!
My hair in the back of my head stood up!! I acually got butterflies again, I got that COLD,ERRIE feeling sence of hopelessness of being alone, caught up in a chaotic sci-fi hell!!
The psx version music did that to me. Not the original, I also think the N64's Doom music was very good too. Both are much more
suitable for the doom atmosphere.

Jeremy said:

Hey, were not talking about his bad music, and were not talking about midis. Were talking about the good music that goes with DooM, LIKE THE MP3S ON THIS SITE! NiN just dont mix with DooM, its not bad music, infact, I love NiN, BUT IT JUST DONT GO WITH DOOM!

Errr, my point is that if Bobby Prince did the music for the new game, it would be bad (MIDI music doesn't cut it in modern games). Hence bad music.

Besides, I think Bobby lost it after Doom 1. Most of Doom 2's music just plain sucked (especially that damned map06 music), was a rip-off of some band, or was way too repetitive, and asides from Waterworld, pretty much all of his Duke 3D music was horrible.

Guest Relajo

The only thing I care about is the intro music, and I hope is done by Rob Zombie... sorry, but that will never happen

Guest JudgeDooM
tsareppsun said:

I have too agree with judgedoom on this one, I also own Bobby Prince's version of the doom music,heard the snes version too, And it's good!!! Really, But I feel personally that most of the
game's levels music was way to "PEPPY"... If that's the right word for it. Too up beat, maybe except level E1M5, that's my favorite level music. Then comes the playstation's Doom, I thought I was going to hear the same music, But when I hit that
first level.............Man, my heart sank down to my balls!!
My hair in the back of my head stood up!! I acually got butterflies again, I got that COLD,ERRIE feeling sence of hopelessness of being alone, caught up in a chaotic sci-fi hell!!
The psx version music did that to me. Not the original, I also think the N64's Doom music was very good too. Both are much more
suitable for the doom atmosphere.

Finally someone that was also affected by this lovely Doom PSX music...
Me too when I heard E1M1 and E1M3, I felt down on the ground, it was so...beautiful !

Guest JudgeDooM

While I'm on a topic, can someone tell me where I can download doom PSX musics?

Relajo said:

The only thing I care about is the intro music, and I hope is done by Rob Zombie... sorry, but that will never happen

YEAH!!! ROB ZOMBIE!!!!

Relajo said:

The music in the opening cinematic for Quake 2 was done by Rob Zombie...

Guest Epiphany

Damn straight!
Seems that wanker (Carmack) would rather give the job of the Doom III music to his bum buddy (Trent,) instead of doing what it best for Doom. Keep in mind though that Carmack is a programmer making engines and has never really made an actual game. Suppose he knows no better.

Lüt said:

Quake during Doom? You need to cut back on the crack.

Need background music for Doom (preferably Inferno)? Go here:

http://members.xoom.com/mippage/gonkulatory_havens/danzig.html

And just go down the list.

Heh. I had forgotten just how much Danzig rules :) Thanks Lüt!

Yay! You rule.

But sorry I forgot to mention, beware of the Danzig 5 tracks, they've been known to cause seizures and mental breakdowns in people who appreciate good music :)

Guest Kaopectate

Well..i'll probably get flamed for this.. but:

even though I don't like industrial music...i think this might be nice for a level....like a theme song for an imp or a baron...

goto www.mp3.com and search for digital realms and download lowpass-rip it out.....that would be kewl in doom3, and especially if it's SUPER GORY :)

Lüt said:

Yay! You rule.

But sorry I forgot to mention, beware of the Danzig 5 tracks, they've been known to cause seizures and mental breakdowns in people who appreciate good music :)

ajfnlavnqwvhub' mkN`2975293-23095782905283Y V`'5I$#*^#$^%$&*(O ;j3;tr4n eeer5k..... eh? What was that?

Guest Jello Biafra
NiGHTMARE said:

Errr, my point is that if Bobby Prince did the music for the new game, it would be bad (MIDI music doesn't cut it in modern games). Hence bad music.

Besides, I think Bobby lost it after Doom 1. Most of Doom 2's music just plain sucked (especially that damned map06 music), was a rip-off of some band, or was way too repetitive, and asides from Waterworld, pretty much all of his Duke 3D music was horrible.

I like NIN, but it wouldn't work with DooM. It worked with Quake because Quake had alot less enemies, and they were placed in areas were they would get the drop on you. It gave a feeling of foreboding. It was an extremely ambient game. DooM however, you almost never feel alone. It seems like there's always an enemy around the next corner. So ambient music wouldn't work, because you never feel alone. It needs more upbeat, but still dark and creepy music to feel like DooM. So I think no, Reznor's music won't work on DooM, because it doesn't need ambience, it need furious dark music. And yes, MORE GORE! That was a big thing I missed in Quake, bodies hanging on the walls and splattered all over.
I think that they need to put some sort of "saw" weapon, it feels good to get in a demons face and rip it apart, up close and personal. Also, I like realistic weapons, but they need to be updated, just kinda geuss what they'll be like. But don't take out the more powerful weapons, like the BFG and Plasma Rifle, we still need those to kick some serious ass.
Also, Bobby Prince did lose it after DooM, 'cause almost every song on DooM 2 sucked, I only really like map 31, 'cause I'm interested in WW2 and pluse it was on Wolfenstien (which is one of the best games besides DooM, I think).
In the end, they need to find a better person to make DooM 3 music, Reznor won't work, but niether will Prince.