Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Promotional ideas

I've been thinking, in order to generate excitement over the new DOOM, how about Id software making another sequel to the original DOOM, using the original DOOM engine and adding more monsters and weapons and levels, that would be cool, and plus allow those of us who lack the hardware required for the new DOOM something new to play. Also, another thought, re-releasing the original DOOM free? No I'm not promoting warez or anything, and I already have DOOM, but I think that it would help attract people who haven't played DOOM or have moved on to more advanced games, and it would definitely draw attention to DOOM, and promote DOOM-awareness.

good idea ... DooM for free? No, I don't think so... A little cheaper? yes... I mean, all the money they get from re-releasing the DooM-games could be put in the NEW DooM-project...

See ya...

Currently iD isn't getting all that much from the original Doom anyway. You can get a copy for under $3. Besides, it would add to the Doom 3 campaign in a stronger way to have a large public release of Doom and Doom2 for free just before Doom 3 is released in order to get new players interrested and to hype everyone up. Just a thought.

Hey EllipsusD !!!

WHERE can I get the original copy's of DooM and DooM 2 for such a LOW price... ??? PLEASE tell me... God, I want those originals back real fast...

Just go to a retailer in your area (assuming they still have Doom in stock) and get a copy. Most likely it will be on clearance because it is so old comparatively. It's sad to think of how hard it is to find great games like Doom these days... so many classics just aren't carried anymore.

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah good idea. That'll show to those dumbasses who say that DooM is a crap, that DooM is the bomb, because only great games are re-released.
For example. here in Switzerland, GT released a Re-play edition pack of DooM and DooM II, fortunately my brother has bought it on time. It would have been hard to find an offer like this today. And in the firsts months of 2000, a Ultimate DooM and Quake pack has been released, and only in Europe, according to the writings on the box. Cool, huh? Of course, I've bought it.

I would like Id to release a Re-play edition pack of Ultimate DooM, DooM II, and Final DooM (I'm looking for it 'cos I prefer to have it in CD-format, but I can't find Final DooM anywhere. I've downloaded it at idsoftware.com and looks like I'm going to have to phone to an Id operator and buy it with this passwords crap...), plus an extra CD wich contains engines like zdoom, boom, skulltag, a level editor, csDooM and all the best wads for DooM or DooMII ever made (like the ones in the 10-sector contest). What do you think of it?