Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mechasam

lost souls in doom3

i reallllly hope they dont put lost souls in the new doom... unless they can detail them better than the doom64 lost souls

9/10 it wont be, but if it was, they COULD do a really detailed skull, they just have to find a betyter way of making fire...particle? ...

if they made the soldiers REALLY detailed like in half life, that would be tight... but of course.. keep the traditional torn-up soldier uniforms they wear

Jeremy said:

9/10 it wont be, but if it was, they COULD do a really detailed skull, they just have to find a betyter way of making fire...particle? ...

I really hope that they give the lost souls a completely new look, more like semi transparent, glowing human faces, with painful expression, forced to rush towards you against their will, groaning with pain...
There where way too many skulls in the original Doom: Silly horned Lost Souls, Reveniant´s head, skull patterns on the wall, skull candles, skull ornaments on doors and walls, skull triggers, skulls skulls skulls...Don´t get me wrong, I like to see some skulls in Doom3 (especially in architectural details), but no skully souls please.

I don't know about human faces. It would be neat, but I always thought that the lost souls were demon skulls used as the host bodies for "lost souls". Human faces would probably be better, but I prefer the classic way. I'm just nit-picky like that, I guess.

Guest JudgeDooM

Yeah, me too. It would be funny that if there's a wall behind you, and a lost soul is in front of you, it heads over you very fast, and you avoid it and the lost soul blows itself on the wall!

EllipsusD said:

I don't know about human faces. It would be neat, but I always thought that the lost souls were demon skulls used as the host bodies for "lost souls". Human faces would probably be better, but I prefer the classic way. I'm just nit-picky like that, I guess.

Hm, the thing with the host bodies for lost souls also sounds interesting. Maybe you can create a new type of monster from this idea?