Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EllipsusD

Music to kill to...

I know that Reznor has already been signed on, so don't even bring it up as a reply. I am just stating my opinion in the slight chance that iD should read these posts.
The best Doom music I have played to was that found in Doom 64. A lot of people trashed that game, but I liked it, and the music (if you could call it that) was great. It fit the atmosphere perfectly and greatly enhanced it. My favorite track is about at level 12 and 13 where you hear the cries and moans of all sorts of creatures. It fit perfectly with your entry into hell. Doom 3 could use music that not only goes with the level, but enhances it. I know most of you guys don't want the new Doom to be like Half-Life, but you still have to admit that the way it used music tracks was probably the best of any recent game. I don't think that the type of music should be the same, but the way it is incorporated is something iD should look at. Even something like the orchestrated tesion building tunes of horror movies would be an interresting touch.

half-life had music? the only music i heard was a techno track in the background that occured like twice in the game, adn it came at the most inaproptiate time, it shoulda been while you were runnign or something not just when you were alone and it was quiet, half-life didnt need music it probably wouldve destroyed its realistic, uh icity, realisticicity. the music in doom on the other hand makes it what it is, adn it kicks ass (duh)

EllipsusD said:

I know that Reznor has already been signed on

::weeping::

3,000th post!!

masterhassan said:

half-life had music? the only music i heard was a techno track in the background that occured like twice in the game, adn it came at the most inaproptiate time, it shoulda been while you were runnign or something not just when you were alone and it was quiet, half-life didnt need music it probably wouldve destroyed its realistic, uh icity, realisticicity. the music in doom on the other hand makes it what it is, adn it kicks ass (duh)

Try playing Half-Life again. They incorporated music when you where about to walk into a large ambush or a room full of enemies. For the most part, anyway. Like I said, the same type of music wouldn't work at all for Doom, but bringing in a track that enhances the tension at the right moments would be beneficial to the atmosphere of Doom. And let us all hope that, if Reznor's music sucks (in it's compatability with Doom), we will be able to change it to something else.

To be honest, I believe that Reznor can make it. Whoever Carmack decide to be the musician, he must understand the DooM feeling. He must play DooM 1&2 and understand when DooM3 needs creepy atmosphere, when a adrenaline rush must be set, and so on.
Whoever is in charge, he must at least one time in his life quitted DooM and only going back after a few hours, just because they were too many noises in that large, laberyntic room...

Guest JudgeDooM

That's right, DooM 64 an particularly its music, are very good! It's ambient noise, it fits perfectly to the DooM atmosphere. But it's even better in the PlayStation version of DooM. I think I said it a hundred of times in this forum, but the PS tracks KILL ME!! They're so beautiful!!!! They more perfectly fit the atmosphere! Man, I fall on the ground every time I hear it! If you haven't heard it, then you made an inexcusable mistake. Listen to it please and reply to tell me if I'm right or wrong!

I'm with you man, I've rented DOOM64,and the music is "ICE COLD TO THE SOUL" BABE!!! I've mention this a few times earlier, but I
can't help putting my support for anybody who complements the music for "EITHER" DOOM64 or the magnificent PSX's DOOM. MAN,the
errie ambient "MOANING TONES!!!!!"