Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fragbaby

question

Guest fragbaby

i have a question, which monsters will come back to DOOM 3 and will there be any new ones?

Can't help you there. We all have our wishes, but the fact is that iD is being quite shady with all the details. They may have leaked what monsters there will be, but I didn't see it if they did.

Some of them need to go, some need more elaboration, and some need to be added.
They must pay special attention not to sway the plot of the game in one way or the other because of ppl like me who pay mind to the sci-fi aspect, and the others who see it as demonic. The way doom was designed was that the plot wasn't too demonic or too sci-fi.
*Magic can easily be explained as psionic powers
*Spirits can be easily explained as higher-dimensional dwellers
*But "true" demons cannot be explained.
*Too many techy items and inter-steller travel make it into a sci-fi game, spoiling the satanic factor.

The big "demon on the wall" spawner enemy needs to go

Hopefully all of them, even if they're only used once or twice in the whole game. I think they're needed for nostalgia purposes; it just wouldn't be complete without them.

sirgalahadwizar said:

Can't help you there. We all have our wishes, but the fact is that iD is being quite shady with all the details. They may have leaked what monsters there will be, but I didn't see it if they did.

Some of them need to go, some need more elaboration, and some need to be added.
They must pay special attention not to sway the plot of the game in one way or the other because of ppl like me who pay mind to the sci-fi aspect, and the others who see it as demonic. The way doom was designed was that the plot wasn't too demonic or too sci-fi.
*Magic can easily be explained as psionic powers
*Spirits can be easily explained as higher-dimensional dwellers
*But "true" demons cannot be explained.
*Too many techy items and inter-steller travel make it into a sci-fi game, spoiling the satanic factor.

The big "demon on the wall" spawner enemy needs to go

Sir Galahad: "The way doom was designed was that the plot wasn't too demonic or too sci-fi." That´s right, and I hope the new Doom will have this good balance again.

"*Magic can easily be explained as psionic powers
*Spirits can be easily explained as higher-dimensional dwellers"
- that are just pseudo-scientific explanations for people who can only think materialism ;) Like in X-files, they want to reduce everything supernatural too a dump "alien" background.