*Shotgun is great
*WTF?
*what kind of machine gun?
*whatever a photon blaster is... sounds like a flash light
*fist sure why not... but hand to hand combat would be cool
*chainsaw was very fun... who cares if it's impractical.. it's fun as hell

*whats a ring of blindness?

Guest Mariner

Well the golden bfsg is the golden big fraggin suicidal gun its a upgraded form of a bfg and photon blaster is a thing that blinds you,you cannot hear and after a while you blow up good
ring of darkness makes you invisible for 30 secs they cannot see you even if you do

Guest Mariner
Psyonisis said:

*Triple barreled? that would be pretty big
*Assault rifle is fine
*WTF is a golden bfsg?
*Golden pistol... this isn't golden eye
*Sniper rifle is ok... but I don't think it has the Doom feel
*Shotgun is great
*WTF?
*what kind of machine gun?
*whatever a photon blaster is... sounds like a flash light
*fist sure why not... but hand to hand combat would be cool
*chainsaw was very fun... who cares if it's impractical.. it's fun as hell

*whats a ring of blindness?

Well the golden bfsg is the golden big fraggin suicidal gun its a upgraded form of a bfg and photon blaster is a thing that blinds you,you cannot hear and after a while you blow up good
ring of darkness makes you invisible for 30 secs they cannot see you even if you do

[The following are my opinions of your suggestions.]

* Triple Barrelled Shotgun
- Seems overblown and cartoonish to me. Besides, the kickback would break your shoulder. The double barrelled is excessive enough for my tastes.

* AR 3 Assault Rifle
- Hey, nice. I prefer a modified AR-15 myself but to each his own.

* Golden BFG
- Why would a top secret military weapon have a 24k gold plating? What, did the mafia or the crips order one?

* Golden Pistol, or anything else
- Um, no. It's Doom. It's not Goldeneye, Sicily, or the Ghetto.

* Sniper Rifle
- I suppose it will probably be there, but for multiplayer only I hope. It simply detracts far too much from the run-and-gun feel of Doom to pick off your foes from a distance.

* Chinese Pulse Rifle
- You mean like the one in "Deep Rising"? Well, well considering that your next suggestion was "Machine Gun", that's a lot of fully automatic weapons.

* Photon Blaster
- Doom. Not Star Trek. Unless, of course, you're talking about a pistol-sized Plasma Rifle that fires much slower. Like the pistol to the chaingun I suppose.

* Fist
- Yeah. Of course. Chainsaw too. Anything in-between, such as a boot knife or a rusty pipe?

* Ring Of Blindness
- Oh, just like the 'Partial Invisibility' item except it's a ring like Quake eh? Why not. Who am I to argue, since there will also probably be a 'quad damage' artifact that completely defies all known laws of physics.

[The preceding were my opinions of your suggestions. Arguing with me is welcome.]

Alert!! Alert!!
We have another one of those 9-year-old goldeneye junkies!

(Notice that the specimin makes references to "gold" when talking about weapons, also note the lack of detail when talking of these by slapping cheezy names like "chinese pulse rifle" on them. Geeze! these ppl need injections of wizdom or somethin).

All goldeneye junkies please stand up, please stand up.

Guest Mariner

Dude Im the guy that made the other forum TOO!

sirgalahadwizar said:

Alert!! Alert!!
We have another one of those 9-year-old goldeneye junkies!

(Notice that the specimin makes references to "gold" when talking about weapons, also note the lack of detail when talking of these by slapping cheezy names like "chinese pulse rifle" on them. Geeze! these ppl need injections of wizdom or somethin).

All goldeneye junkies please stand up, please stand up.

Uh, I don't see how those golden weapons in goldeneye64 were so mocho compared to normal weapons - what makes them do their extraordinary damage?

Simple - they are CHEATS!!!, you're not supposed to get them normally!

They had to find some way to differentiate the normal ones from thier cheated counterparts, and since james bond had fought the man with the golden gun before (in the movie), and it is "goldeneye", why not make them gold?
-----

They simply don't belong in doom, and their normal counterparts don't either - these guns in goldeneye are of a lower technological intensity than doom's guns are. The simple pistol in the original doom was 9mm and james bond's gun is only 4.5mm (I distinctly remember that from one of the movies).

They might not even have a pistol in doom3, they may resort to something higher powered like a compact rifle or something, and they're sure to have one of those combo-guns like the OICW (or m-41 pulse rifle from "Aliens"). Half-Life had one so it's not just a mod thing either.

Quake 2 didn't even have a pistol (they had a blaster gun - there's a great differerence between the two).

And Quake 3 had a machinegun as the lowest step (beyond the gauntlet which is a glorified chainsaw, see... not even fists!)

Look ma, no pistols!
-----
*Photon Blaster - hmmm sounds like a laser to me (laser beams are made of photons after all - which is of course light).

*Shotguns - triple barreled is too powerful. Double barreled that uses clips (similar to q3/q2 double shotgun) is fine since you can almost have it semi-automatic.
When you have that then why bother with single-barerled shotguns (esp if it has shock-absorbers to make recoil nil).

*There needs to be lotsa keys, and not just clearly definable keys that look the smae from level to level. There needs to be a system like quake 2 had that has "pieces" of the puzzle that you need to complete the level (not in any way making reference to hexen or hubs!).
Maybe you need a new circuit board for a jammed blast door
because the old one got blood in it and it shorted out.
Or maybe the fusion reactor is overloading and you need a power coupler to calm it down (ok that wasn't as good of an example).

*There also needs to be lots of powerups:
-invisibility (or distortion thing)
-invulnerability (force field of some kind)
-a flying (anti-grav pack, jet pack if your old-fashioned)
-sight (nightvision or lite-amp, I prefer lite-amp because it works better)
-weapon overpower (high powered ammo, here's where deadnail's multi-ammo thing comes into play)
-weapon overpower mk-II (Rarer, experimental prototypes that do much more damage normally with normal ammo, heretic's "tome of power" is a mideval equivalent. Perhaps modules you stick on the guns that fire extra shots out w/o more ammo cost?, ill elaborate later)

-----
And BTW: what IS wrong with water and deadly aquatic creatures?

And does this "AR-3" currently exist? If it does they shouldn't have it in doom3, and I want to know where it is if it's real because I've never heard of it.

Guest fraggle`

your postings never cease to make me laugh

Guest PainoMan

Doom is FANTASY folks. I don't mean fantasy as in Tolkien, I mean fantasy as in the opposite of reality.

Pistol, shotgun, chaingun. What more of a title do you need? Who gives a crap if the damn thing is a Atchissison Streetsweeper semi-automatic 10-guage, with 20 round magazine, cyclic modified choke, high explosive impact rounds and ivory butt and forestock? The damn thing shoots and kills. That's all we need to know.

Doom is not those lame games like Soldier of Fagtune or Rainblow Six. Lame lame lame!

Guest JudgeDooM

No !no! no!
Forget about that golden weapons, it's not Goldeneye, and the DooMguy isn't a mafioso, and he isn't holding a KWC softair gun (for instance, the beretta 92f golden version Hop-Up). Like Deadnail said, the triple barell shotgun is too cartoonish. 2 barelled is sufficient.

But for those of you who want to know my weapons ideas, here they are (again):

1.Fist/kick--Upgrade:chainsaw
2.Pistol (Beretta 92f or Steyr M9--Upgrade:Desert Eagle .50 AE)
3.pump shotgun (SPAS-12 or Fabarm SDASS-12 Tactical--Upgrade:Double barelled shotgun)
4.Sub machine gun (H&K mp5ka4 or mp5a5 or mp5a4 or mp5sd6--Upgrade General Electric gatling gun)
5.Assault Rifle (Colt m16 or M4A1 Carabine or SIG SG-550--Upgrade:Sniper Rifle (will make the run-for-your-life feeling over, sadly) (Sako TRG-41 or H&K PSG-1)
6.Grenade launcher (GI-40 or a futuristic one-QII style--Upgrade:rocket launcher)
7.Plasma rifle (the old DooM one if possible--Upgrade.BFG 9000-2)

JudgeDooM said:

No !no! no!
Forget about that golden weapons, it's not Goldeneye, and the DooMguy isn't a mafioso, and he isn't holding a KWC softair gun (for instance, the beretta 92f golden version Hop-Up). Like Deadnail said, the triple barell shotgun is too cartoonish. 2 barelled is sufficient.

But for those of you who want to know my weapons ideas, here they are (again):

1.Fist/kick--Upgrade:chainsaw
2.Pistol (Beretta 92f or Steyr M9--Upgrade:Desert Eagle .50 AE)
3.pump shotgun (SPAS-12 or Fabarm SDASS-12 Tactical--Upgrade:Double barelled shotgun)
4.Sub machine gun (H&K mp5ka4 or mp5a5 or mp5a4 or mp5sd6--Upgrade General Electric gatling gun)
5.Assault Rifle (Colt m16 or M4A1 Carabine or SIG SG-550--Upgrade:Sniper Rifle (will make the run-for-your-life feeling over, sadly) (Sako TRG-41 or H&K PSG-1)
6.Grenade launcher (GI-40 or a futuristic one-QII style--Upgrade:rocket launcher)
7.Plasma rifle (the old DooM one if possible--Upgrade.BFG 9000-2)

But it also isn´t an our days action scenario like SoF, so NO Beretta, Steyr or SPAS-whatever!

Guest Mariner
sirgalahadwizar said:

Believe me Ar-3 Assult Rifle Is Real

Mariner said:

Believe me Ar-3 Assult Rifle Is Real

I know there's a AR-10, a AR-15, a AR-18, and a AR-180 but I have never heard of a AR-3...

Guest JudgeDooM
Tetzlaff said:

But it also isn´t an our days action scenario like SoF, so NO Beretta, Steyr or SPAS-whatever!

Well, the first DooM wasn't also set in a nowadays scenario, and it had real-life weapons. I just hope that DooM 3's storyline won't be set 500 years after DooM, so that there will be a chance of having real-life weapons :)