Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Graphics of Doom 3

Will there be a great difference between the graphics from Quake 3 and Doom 3? Can somebody explain to me what the graphics would look like?!?!?!?? I mean, The graphics will be better. But the question here is... How great will they be? Will there be some new special effects that ID Software couldn't make before and stuff like that???

See ya....

Guest mancuvus

dont forget to say, will our computers be as fast as the game requieres, i mean my video card could run it, how much memory will it need?

Guest Dmarg1

Carmack said he would do a new doom engine, if you read Dima's posts

Guest PainoMan
mancuvus said:

dont forget to say, will our computers be as fast as the game requieres, i mean my video card could run it, how much memory will it need?

How can you be so sure that you're video card will be able to run it? Carmack doesn't think it will. Well, maybe it will "run" it in the purest sense of the word. But I don't think you'll be able to "play" it!

Hey Disorder, glad you like my face!

Dare to dream, my friends, dare to dream. There is so much still possible from graphics and engine technology. It makes me wish I had enough knowledge to be a part of it all. Look at how things appeared two or three years ago compared to today. And three years before that compared to it. Everything is advancing, and at a higher rate. It is foolish, in my opinion, to compare Q3A and Doom 3. At this point we can't really comprehend what will be possible.

Imagine some cinematic from a game. Something made, for example, with 3D Studio MAX, you got REAL bump-mapping, very high polycounts, and (with stencil buffers use) true lightning in the map.

PainoMan said:

How can you be so sure that you're video card will be able to run it? Carmack doesn't think it will. Well, maybe it will "run" it in the purest sense of the word. But I don't think you'll be able to "play" it!

Hey Disorder, glad you like my face!

Yeah. i like it very much. i will soon use my own face...

C Ya !