Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

Choose your side.

To put it in short terms :

DooM3 will feature story (wow), needed to push the game forward. You think it would be better if D3 script were :

a) Hell-ish based : just as the old games shown us
b) Alien based : this is mostly in the DooM novel (when i heard that, i didn´t not know if it was the same "DooM" that i was looking)
c) Never revealed : sorta x-files or deus ex concept of "you´re never aware of everything"

My case is a), but i also agree with c).

Guest Intestinalworm

A I think their isn't many hell based games on the market. Everybody has done aliens and such. I think monsters can be more imaginitive if they are not restricted by the requirements of a reality based (maybe)laws of physics obiding aliens.

All three.

Plot is only revealed in pieces.

Aliens arrive but after awhile demonic forces take over control of them and warp them to their own methods (invisible forces finally get a chance to strike).

It was aliens on the martian bases, and still is there. But real demons (true spiritual entities) have taken over the earth invasion force. They haven't worked thier way to the martian bases yet because those are too distant from the spiritual energies surrounding earth.

Doom + aliens = not doom

The Doom novels are regarded by a lot of people has being bad. VERY bad. As well as the fact that you pretty much always know what's going to happen next, bad plot development, rather simplistic dialogue, the novels' underlying story totally strays away from what little Doom plot there actually is

The Icon of Sin spawns all monsters except the zombies and the Spider Boss and Cyber Demon, which makes it rather obvious that they're all hellspawn. Aliens just don't fit into the Doom "universe", it's you versus hell, not you versus some alien planet/dimension/whatever.

Of course I'd be all for a TC that featured aliens of some kind, they just don't fit into the normal game.

Guest JudgeDooM
NiGHTMARE said:

Doom + aliens = not doom

The Doom novels are regarded by a lot of people has being bad. VERY bad. As well as the fact that you pretty much always know what's going to happen next, bad plot development, rather simplistic dialogue, the novels' underlying story totally strays away from what little Doom plot there actually is

The Icon of Sin spawns all monsters except the zombies and the Spider Boss and Cyber Demon, which makes it rather obvious that they're all hellspawn. Aliens just don't fit into the Doom "universe", it's you versus hell, not you versus some alien planet/dimension/whatever.

Of course I'd be all for a TC that featured aliens of some kind, they just don't fit into the normal game.

Right...

NiGHTMARE said:

Doom + aliens = not doom

I saw a CacoDemon the other day... I asked him where they came from... "Hell", he said...

NiGHTMARE said:

Doom + aliens = not doom

The text screens in Doom2 defenitly talked about hellspawn AND aliens. And this mixture is somewhat typicall for Doom. I wrote it down somewhere but I can´t find it this moment. I just remember something like "Cannibalous mutants, carnivorous aliens and evil spirits..."

sirgalahadwizar said:

All three.

Aliens arrive but after awhile demonic forces take over control of them and warp them to their own methods (invisible forces finally get a chance to strike).

It was aliens on the martian bases, and still is there. But real demons (true spiritual entities) have taken over the earth invasion force. They haven't worked thier way to the martian bases yet because those are too distant from the spiritual energies surrounding earth.

Aliens and Demons at the same time??, damn!, what the hell is so interesting in the Earth so every enemy from every game want´s to claim it as his domains??

sirgalahadwizar said:

All three.

good idea, There is life on other planets, there is indeed a bad place where you go where you die, why shouldn't the aliens go to hell too? Then some of them would serve as minions there...... you get my idea =)