Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

In Hell

This is all I want for Hell...
The beige flesh walls with blood dripping, tentacle sticking out, and pentagrams. I want to sky to be swirling clouds at the top, flames at the bottom rising, and the red skeleton faces again. I want to hear babies crying in the backgroung every now and again, and I want to hear THE SATANIC LAUGH OF THE ARCH-VILE!!! All the demons too. I also want more fleshy wall stuff, like big organs, pulsating walls, and eye-balls sticking out of the organs! And of course, the Gothic look, ie, candles, wooden walls, carvings. The music has to be low, scary, with some pulse pounding parts, like Jamy Robertson's "Panaround" song, with that high pitch "bleat!" sound every now and then. I also want cavish parts, where the wall is like red crystals, and there are narrow passages.

Lets not forget Space tho! I want to travel in space too! Phobos, fear fear fear!

Hmmm I like your ideas AGAIN!

Uhmm but the one with the Babies? Bah to that one! ;)
The music. Well the music shouldnt always be anomyous in hell. We will need some of Trentz wild music there!

But we sure as hell need a lot of scenery, please ID have all the old things back plus new! Those walls are so great, the hanging bodies thats still alive. Its so unique!. Oh yeah, we need more fire and explosions, like explosions crawling, exploding or just regulair fire!

Shaviro said:

Hmmm I like your ideas AGAIN!

Uhmm but the one with the Babies? Bah to that one! ;)
The music. Well the music shouldnt always be anomyous in hell. We will need some of Trentz wild music there!

But we sure as hell need a lot of scenery, please ID have all the old things back plus new! Those walls are so great, the hanging bodies thats still alive. Its so unique!. Oh yeah, we need more fire and explosions, like explosions crawling, exploding or just regulair fire!

Man there was a big difference between the Hell in DooM and DooMII. The Hell in DooM looked like a red Mexico in the background, the music was quite, Rockish, and not enough scary stuff! But im DooMII is where they really got the hang of Hell, and since DooMII, I have never seen a more realistic Hell in my life! Even the music!

Well, to tell you the truth, I like DooM better than DooMII, I was just suggesting that the Hell is better.

There's one aspect of Doom that I think many people forget about. It starts in a high-tech moon base, but slowly it turns more hellish...

I hope id will make Doom 3 this way, as it's one of the most distinct differences from Doom and e.g Quake (which is like a big swamp all the way ;)

Jeremy said:

Man there was a big difference between the Hell in DooM and DooMII. The Hell in DooM looked like a red Mexico in the background, the music was quite, Rockish, and not enough scary stuff! But im DooMII is where they really got the hang of Hell, and since DooMII, I have never seen a more realistic Hell in my life! Even the music!

Doom2 had a better hell?? Not a chance! With the possible exception of The Spirit World... what hell? Just a bunch of demented city/ruins maps with a red sky, that's the Doom2 hell.

Guest TossMonkey
Jeremy said:

Well, to tell you the truth, I like DooM better than DooMII, I was just suggesting that the Hell is better.

Those werent babies maonth. It was commander keen hanging from the walls and ceiling. I posted that comment in an earlier post :P

still. we cant expect everyone to backtrack through the forums.

the doom guy appeared in duke too (common knowledge though isnt it? also luke skywalker appears and indiana jones! and the infamous blowfish) much deader though you understand!!

Guest mancuvus
Jeremy said:

is there a hell in doom2???

I think the hell topic started with the level "Nirvana". Why so many people seem to think it is only hell when there are burning lava pits, flesh walls and stuff like that? Increase your phantasie a little bit...or read Dante´s divina commedia, it also isn´t lava the whole time.

Uh, everybody must have a different perception than me.

My view of hell is that it won't be hot, but instead be very very cold. It will stink far beyond anything else, be full of shit (literally). There would be low, if absolutly no air pressure at all, gravity would be extreme, and there would be absolutly no light.
People will be constantly eaten, slaughtered, maimed, and tortured to death - only to be ressurected and have it done to them all over again. Again and again for all of eternity.

I tend to think of fire as a purifier, not the primary symbol that evil would use. Besides real demons wouldn't appear as big monsters, they would just inhabit you and take you over (remember the movie "Fallen"). It wouldn't make sense for a demon of un-imaginable evil to coalese into something physical - where its power would be diminished in the extreme, and almost infinitly more vulnerable.

Guest JudgeDooM

Don't forget the splatted corpses on the walls, like in DooM II !!

sirgalahadwizar said:

Uh, everybody must have a different perception than me.

My view of hell is that it won't be hot, but instead be very very cold. It will stink far beyond anything else, be full of shit (literally). There would be low, if absolutly no air pressure at all, gravity would be extreme, and there would be absolutly no light.
People will be constantly eaten, slaughtered, maimed, and tortured to death - only to be ressurected and have it done to them all over again. Again and again for all of eternity.

I tend to think of fire as a purifier, not the primary symbol that evil would use. Besides real demons wouldn't appear as big monsters, they would just inhabit you and take you over (remember the movie "Fallen"). It wouldn't make sense for a demon of un-imaginable evil to coalese into something physical - where its power would be diminished in the extreme, and almost infinitly more vulnerable.

WHOLY SHIT! THATS MY SMAE PERCEPTION OF HELL!
Just dont go good in a game though.

Tetzlaff said:

I think the hell topic started with the level "Nirvana". Why so many people seem to think it is only hell when there are burning lava pits, flesh walls and stuff like that? Increase your phantasie a little bit...or read Dante´s divina commedia, it also isn´t lava the whole time.

Or just look at the background. If its not the sky, and its red, then its Hell!

Jeremy said:

I think Doom II was way better! It had the db shotgun man! and nothing beats the better monsters!

Guest DeAD_Stuff
TossMonkey said:

Those werent babies maonth. It was commander keen hanging from the walls and ceiling. I posted that comment in an earlier post :P

still. we cant expect everyone to backtrack through the forums.

the doom guy appeared in duke too (common knowledge though isnt it? also luke skywalker appears and indiana jones! and the infamous blowfish) much deader though you understand!!

doom 2 'shell was better than the doom 1 on^? u are kidding right?
any way i like a goth-flesh theme helll.
please no rocks and fire...

Jeremy said:

WHOLY SHIT! THATS MY SMAE PERCEPTION OF HELL!
Just dont go good in a game though.

The gothic, dark, fleshy, cutting, and torture scheme emulates it quite nicely.

The atmosphere kinda like half-life had, but more eccentric. Would be good to have lotsa wood strctures if it's of a hellish design (with demonic plotline).

Plenty of flesh-cutting attacks from monsters instead of fireballs would be nice (blades, claws, etc.)