Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mancuvus

cinematics

Guest mancuvus

i would like to see cinematics in the middle of the game, i mean you are entering to a big room then from the middle of the nothing there appear a big demon, or a boss who is been teleportated, it would look fine in a cinematic, it gives suspense

I just bought the new Voyager: Elite Force game and it had (for the most part) very well used cut-scenes, some in-engine and others pre-rendered. I hope Doom 3 uses only the in-engine method, 'caus I don't know what Voodoo 10s or whatever will be like, but current Voodoos suck at displaying pre-rendered stuff (hideously jerky, and the sound craps up if you have anything other than the very best sound card)

But for a boss, in my opinion it would be better if it tore down a wall, or errupted through the ground or ceiling, or leaped out of a huge pool of blood or something. Teleporting is so cliched :)

Remember that all of the bosses in Duke3D appeared in a melodramatic fashion. The best was the first boss, that ripped through the ground in a cascade of explosions.

My only complaint about FMV is that IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. It don't get any lags or skips on my Voodoo 3, but at 320x200... it's just so damn grainy that it makes me want to jam a fork into the bastard's eye that made the damn thing! Jeez, I run the game at 1024x768 and get a respectably playable framerate and I have to cut the screen down to 39% just to see a friggin' pre-rendered movie? For God's sake, why don't they make hi-res movies like on the Dreamcast? At this point it's just plain retarded.

I dont like movie cutscenes which interrupt the game action. But maybe it´s possible to inscene movie-like happenings during the game (I think Halflife started in this direction).

Guest mancuvus
deadnail said:

Remember that all of the bosses in Duke3D appeared in a melodramatic fashion. The best was the first boss, that ripped through the ground in a cascade of explosions.

My only complaint about FMV is that IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. It don't get any lags or skips on my Voodoo 3, but at 320x200... it's just so damn grainy that it makes me want to jam a fork into the bastard's eye that made the damn thing! Jeez, I run the game at 1024x768 and get a respectably playable framerate and I have to cut the screen down to 39% just to see a friggin' pre-rendered movie? For God's sake, why don't they make hi-res movies like on the Dreamcast? At this point it's just plain retarded.

that is what i was talking about, cutscenes in-engine, melodramatic stuff, and the way half life is (a little bit)
is just that i like suspense in the games and more if the game is one of the best games ever... doom

mancuvus said:

if the game is one of the best games ever... doom

CORRECT THAT POST MARINE!!!

the BEST game ever!

Guest JudgeDooM
deadnail said:

Have you seen the cinematics in Alien versus Predator? They're too beautiful, and it's not that 320*200 crap. It's higher, AND on a Voodoo 3!! I also have a Voodoo 3, but damn, it's too old, with this "3dfx effect", like I call it. You know, for example when on a wall, the color is red and the it turns to the yellow, well, you see DISTINCT lines separating the different "steps" (when the red turns to yellow). Then some pixels like in the Kingpin main menu, in the light, the pixels are too big!! there's also that damn purple color on the dark areas!! The Riva TNT (I've had it)also has 16mb video memory, but it's damn better than a Voodoo 3, I should have kept it...but at christmas, I'll buy a GeForce!