Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest inferno

my thoughts

Guest inferno

well, after looking at previous posts and stuff in here, i've noticed that the term of reality has been brought up quite a lot, but the question to me is "how far can you go" because just recently i read a cool idea about wearing a helmet with a face sheild...but how can you do that without messing up the game. there are a lot of more examples that i just can't think of right now, but anyway i just thought i'd share this thought. one thing i'd really like to see in doom 3 is that there could be a mode that the crosshair could be turned off and whenever you go to aim your gun he moves it up to his eye and everything else would become blury,except the object your focusing on. because i always hate having the crosshair, but then again it was a lifesaver, so i think it would be pretty neat to have this option so that it ties in more realism into the game. i know this has probably been posted earlier but i just felt like sharing my opinion (hey...im bored)so feel free to post your comments

Guest Intestinalworm

Good idea. That could actually be pretty cool (and I hate realism in my action games). I always figured the crosshair and the rest of the hud was holographic or something.

Guest mancuvus

it would be cool something like a laser pointer

I want realistic dying-scenes. I want to see some bodies ripped open on the floor. (Yeah !) But I don't think it's such a good idea to make it TOO realistic. "Oh my god, I got hit once, I'm dead now..." That would suck big time...Don't get me wrong, it WOULD be cool in another war-type game, but NOT in Doom...

C Ya..

Too much realism in the wrong place defenitely sucks. For example, we all now the drastic action when you run for your live with only 12 health points left...you never could have this experience with realistic damage!