Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bad Luck Ranger

Do they have to be Hellspawn??

A li'l back story for you guys. I ahven't been here for a while but anyway, I am a Satanist of the Antinomian Philosophy and even though Doom and Quake have been my most favourite games I thought I'd just point out that if there were Hellspawn they wouldn't be "evil" just "carnal" like us.
So my idea is that the so-called "Hellspawn" are actually aliens using an so-called Hellish guise.
The Doom novals claimed that the enemy were aliens.
So why have them, the spawn of Satan???

Here's a little bit of info about Satanism:

PUBLIC: Satanists are from horror movies and run around killing people, burning crosses and have big basements in their houses. Eg. End of Days, even though a cool film it was totally false, why would Satan want to cause the apocalypse??? If he did he'd destroy himself!

BIBLE : Satanists are the demise of the whole human race! Sin is the cause of all death and Satan represents Sin, so we must be stopped and converted at all costs to worhsip God and love Christ!

SATANIST: You go your way we go ours, just stop telling people that we're after their souls. We don't believe in souls or your god so leave us alone!

There ya go.
Boy, am I gonna get some bitchin'!!!

Guest Templar

Satanist?
your definition sounds like Aethiest.. which are not evil

It's true. Satanists are not like they are portrayed in the movies. They are worse. All you have to do is read it in black and white in Lavey's own words. I shudder to think there are actually people who want to live in that kind of world.

Templar said:

Satanist?
your definition sounds like Aethiest.. which are not evil

There is a HUGE difference between a Satanist and an Atheist.

Guest Hellspawn

True, very true... as far as I've read, Satanists just believe this : if you want to do something, try it... if you like it after that, keep doing it.... they believe in souls and everything... but it's all about indulgence as far as they're concerned

There are several variations of satanism, not just the kind you described, that´s a kind of atheist satanism. But there is also a rebel satanism, a pagan satanism (satan as a "good" god who is elder then the christian god), black magic satanism, real evil satanism, and more.

Guest nimrodd

So you don't believe in souls. Then who's Satan? I thought the 'gods' were spiritual entities. By the way, i know some people who have been traumatized by real life Satanists. Wanna explain?

Stphrz said:

They believe in a lot more than that.

Hell is a place that is used to instill fear to keep people from doing the wrong thing. Plain as that.

True Atheists have studied the bible and have simply chosen to disbelieve it, and utterly refuse to accept it on any level. Let's not forget that DeSade said, "Atheistic to the point of fanatacism. There, you have me in a nutshell. So kill me again, or take me as I am. For I shall not change. Never."

As for Satanists, they come in more flavors than Ice Cream. Anyone who wants to be 'evil' can interpret the bible in several numerous rediculous ways. The largest groups of Satanists belong to the Church Of Satan (http://www.cos.com I think). Their basic belief is that, yes, if it feels good do it. That implies a natural lack of respect for one's self however, and certianly a lack of respect for others.

Demons are a metaphor. Ask any Catholic. They're not supposed to appear on any physical plane. According to any main religion Demon's are really just 'unpure' spirits that are out to do evil. They may possess you or otherwise influence you, but they can't just walk up to you and claw you.

If you're wondering who I am, well, my dad gives sermons twice a week at the Church of Christ, so take a guess. =)

Thank you Hellspawn and deadnail, as for the others... well you're all just too naive and ignorant to view Satanism as I do.
Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible is a must-read for all open minded people. And I have read the Christian Bible aswell. I wouldn't be as iconclastic if I hadn't.
By the way, I think you lot are missing my point!!!
I was addressing the fact that why in Doom do the hellspawn actually have to be from hell!
Re-read my last post and then input me, please.

First off, any real satanist knows it's spelled LaVey....
Second, I don't really care where Doom's enemies come from, hell, another dimension, whether they are aliens or demons, doesn't matter.
Third I have read the satanic bible from front to back. Which is why I want nothing to do with it. In LaVey's very limiting philosopy you are either a predator or you are prey.
Fourth, I have met some real satanists in my time. What they truly believe and what they proclaim publicly are two very different things. I'm not naive enough to be bullshitted into believing otherwise. Have a nice day :)

Whoa, I sure struck a nerve with you! Hehehe anyway, why are you having a go at me just for being a Satanist??? Why? Is it because you find my beliefs offending?? Anyway, this was not the tropic was it!

Guest DarKrow
deadnail said:

Hell is a place that is used to instill fear to keep people from doing the wrong thing. Plain as that.

Hell does not exist in the traditional sense. What happens to bad people when they die is that they end up in limbo and never meet God. The concept of a painful, horrifing hell is wrong. It does not exist in the Bible.