Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nemesis

What Are You Most Looking Foward To In DooM 3

Guest Nemesis

Well the Title pretty much explains it! so....?

Me, personally is just multiplayer and a overall good game.

far as gameplay, fun and be able to scare the crap out of me. but for preformance, a decent framerate, beatiful graphics......
and you cant put 10 pounds of sugar in a 4 pound bag!

Enemies:Higher AI , Better Graphics
Gameplay:Same from the old series but put into a new enviroment for a whole new FPS expierience
Sound:simply said,"Superb"
Realism:Enemies/Player take reasonable/realistic amounts of damage
Bosses:Highly organized bosses that are tough but not impossible
Enviroments:Military Bases should have lots of weapons , ammo , and armor. Plants of Nuclear wastes and radioactive suits...etc etc...kinda going back to the realism factor
*If Doom 3 take splace in Hell i expect to see fire , crosses either upside down or on fire , pentagramse , rotting(ed) flesh , screaming , pools of blood or lava , and plenty of demons..
Music:I dont really care who does it but whoever does do a good job on it!!! Doomers are looking forward to it!!..

thats all i can think of for now...

Well I know SOME people around here are actually looking forward to seeing demon genetalia. You sick bastards. Personally, I'm looking for bootlaces. Yeah, bootlaces.

Lemme elaborate. We all know how skeletal animation works. So, if they actually put enough bones in the skeleton to simulate flapping bootlaces, and actually model them too, imagine the rest of the detail that the game will have!

Sure we all want fantastic, face paced and frensic gameplay.
We all want high interaction with the environment.
We all want intelligent, dangerous enemies.
We all want well detailed and well modeled weaponry.

What I want most is powerfully increased detail. Look at the environment detail between Quake and Half-Life. Environments need to keep getting better and better. If they go as far as to do realistic bootlaces then you know that the rest of the game will be highly detailed as well! =)

That's what I'm looking forward to most in Doom 3.

Guest Doomfreak671

We all want this!

* 3d weapons, monsters etc.
* Advanced AI.
* 3d mug, revamp of status bar e.g bit like njdoom one. 3d mug like on Q3.
* realistic weapons.
* Immersive gameplay.
* Descent multiplayer support.
* Compatablity with; Doom, Doom 2, Ultimate Doom, Final Doom and custom levels: But still in 3D (Direct 3D & OpenGL, previous dooms will be rendered in 3d, and so will Doom3)
* Loadsa good quality levels.
* Totally new 3D engine; a bit like Quake 3 but not too multiplayer orientated. See *7.
* Gorgeous levels, new 3D textures, but still keep Doom 2 and Final Doom textures.
* Support for all Chipsets, AGP, PCI, Onboard Graphics.
* What else? Suggestions please.

Guest Doomfreak671
deadnail said:

Well I know SOME people around here are actually looking forward to seeing demon genetalia. You sick bastards. Personally, I'm looking for bootlaces. Yeah, bootlaces.

Lemme elaborate. We all know how skeletal animation works. So, if they actually put enough bones in the skeleton to simulate flapping bootlaces, and actually model them too, imagine the rest of the detail that the game will have!

Sure we all want fantastic, face paced and frensic gameplay.
We all want high interaction with the environment.
We all want intelligent, dangerous enemies.
We all want well detailed and well modeled weaponry.

What I want most is powerfully increased detail. Look at the environment detail between Quake and Half-Life. Environments need to keep getting better and better. If they go as far as to do realistic bootlaces then you know that the rest of the game will be highly detailed as well! =)

That's what I'm looking forward to most in Doom 3.

Yeah I agree with everything! We want the sort of interaction you get in a RPG (like Dues EX) But we want it to be in a first person shoot em up sort of way. We don't want it to be like Deus Ex just a lot of interaction in a doom sort of way.

Guest Doomfreak671
Captain Skippy said:

far as gameplay, fun and be able to scare the crap out of me. but for preformance, a decent framerate, beatiful graphics......
and you cant put 10 pounds of sugar in a 4 pound bag!

It is to be in 3D, meaning that to get a descent frame rate, the engine and/or texturs cannot have much detail - neither can the 3D monsters have much detail. It will look crap. If you want a descent frame rate, (say 60 fps @ 1024 by 768) you will need a good graphics card which can be expensive.

The game will also probably want 96 mb of Ram (most people have don't have this) - upgrading can be expensive. A way around this is by lowering the res to your desktop res or to your monitor res.

Comments please.

Guest Doomfreak671
DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Enemies:Higher AI , Better Graphics
Gameplay:Same from the old series but put into a new enviroment for a whole new FPS expierience
Sound:simply said,"Superb"
Realism:Enemies/Player take reasonable/realistic amounts of damage
Bosses:Highly organized bosses that are tough but not impossible
Enviroments:Military Bases should have lots of weapons , ammo , and armor. Plants of Nuclear wastes and radioactive suits...etc etc...kinda going back to the realism factor
*If Doom 3 take splace in Hell i expect to see fire , crosses either upside down or on fire , pentagramse , rotting(ed) flesh , screaming , pools of blood or lava , and plenty of demons..
Music:I dont really care who does it but whoever does do a good job on it!!! Doomers are looking forward to it!!..

thats all i can think of for now...

You're right about everything! I'd just like to say though, Shoot someone in the arm and they get a head wound? No! Not like the doom series, but shoot in heart they die straight away, getting a chest wound, shoot in head they die straight away, getting a head wound, shoot in side, they carry on for a while and die (bleeding profusely, the stomach has the richest blood supply.) Shoot in arm they bleed for a bit, blood stops then they carry on beating on you.

Bit morbid I know, sorry about the biology bit! You suggest it take place in hell? Great idea, realistic fire. Doom 3 should go like this; 1-16, a nuclear plant,streets and mall, (schools, hospitals, military base, arsenal etc 16-80 HELL! etc (I can't thing of anything else at the moment)

Comments from everyone please.