Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spectre

Doom 3 Soundtrack!!

Guest Spectre

Alright, for anyone that doesn't know me (which is just about everyone in this forum) I play bass and do the programming for a band named Mancubus....yep, take a wild guess where we got the name =) Our ultimate goal is to do a soundtrack for a video game, and doing the soundtrack for Doom 3 would definitely kick major ASS! Anyway, we are going to cover the song from Map 10 from Doom 2 and beef it up a little and send it to ID. We would appreciate it if some people would listen to some of our songs at www.mp3.com/mancubus and tell us if you think we even have a chance of doing a soundtrack for a game! I suggest listening to "Slain at the Hand of a Priest," "Malach Ra," and "Throne of Pergamum." We seriously want to do this and we certainly would appreciate any and all comments on our tunes.

Guest Hellspawn

Sorry to piss on your parade, man... but ID already hired Trent Reznor to do the soundtrack... I'm not saying don't send them the cover (in fact, I wanna hear it too... that song rules ;) but I don't think they'll need ya...

cool, sorry my sound card is fudged up right now. but im trying to get a bass, adn my friends adn i are trying to start a band names "Hexen" familiar right? were definitly going to cover a fair share of Doom tracks, im thinking of asking my friend brian to play violin for us, that would kick as a violin in a metal band...uh, yeah

Guest Spectre
Hellspawn said:

Sorry to piss on your parade, man... but ID already hired Trent Reznor to do the soundtrack... I'm not saying don't send them the cover (in fact, I wanna hear it too... that song rules ;) but I don't think they'll need ya...

Aw man...that sucks! Oh well, we're still definitely going to cover it (we've been playing it for a long time, just never recorded it).

Hopefully Trent will do a better job than he did on the Quake soundtrack...sure it was kinda scary and moody, but it wasn't that great.

Guest Spectre
masterhassan said:

cool, sorry my sound card is fudged up right now. but im trying to get a bass, adn my friends adn i are trying to start a band names "Hexen" familiar right? were definitly going to cover a fair share of Doom tracks, im thinking of asking my friend brian to play violin for us, that would kick as a violin in a metal band...uh, yeah

Sounds cool man...there is a crappy asian metal band called Sigh that uses a violen. If you could pull it off then power to ya!

Guest Firebrandt
Spectre said:

Aw man...that sucks! Oh well, we're still definitely going to cover it (we've been playing it for a long time, just never recorded it).

Hopefully Trent will do a better job than he did on the Quake soundtrack...sure it was kinda scary and moody, but it wasn't that great.

Considering he whipped it up in under two weeks I think he did a pretty good job. The atmospheric style fit Quake though.

I think anybody with the amount of equipment he has could do it in a day. Two at the most.

masterhassan said:

A german band with the name "Hexen" already exists (it´s kind of Sonic Youth style music)...Hexen = witches.

Guest Lawnmower Man
Lüt said:

I think anybody with the amount of equipment he has could do it in a day. Two at the most.

If they are gonna to create a real good soundtrack for Doom3, they should make it like the one in Q2 but more better.

I believe that they should ask again Skid Row for songs (but now they are split) Vai, Manson, Mettalica and anything else but heavy and atmospheric.

Guest Ishiegg689

Trent Reznor? NOOOOOOO! never never never..i must use my mute button now

Cannibal Corpse should be the one hired to do this job.

that's what ill be listening to when i play anyway

Guest spectre

Hell yeah dude...and Dying Fetus!