Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DoomManiac

Single player and Doom III

Guest DoomManiac

I agree that people will love the FPS genre with more single player games. I got Star Trek: Elite Force. Yeah it runs on the Quake III engine, but it is GREAT. The single player is incredible, lets Star Trek fans (like me) live a Star Trek adventure. When Quake III and UT started this multiplayer only shit, I thought FPS was dieing, but now I think it is coming back. I hope DOOM III has a long, exciting, and engrossing single player game; and the multiplayer should be good to.

Guest mancuvus

yea the sof game is deamn short, i like large games, and i dont like figthing against stupid bots, for example in quake 3, why are they figthing, why do they kill each other???
it is good having a game with a story and secuence.

whatever you want, make the doom3 a long game, not a 20 levels crab!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest L2-Machina

A strong single player story line is completely necessary in a game. Remeber how much Doom captivated you and pulled you into the game? And how Half-Life did the same to the x power?

I certainly hope the single player is great on this...I've got HIGH hopes for D3!

mancuvus said:

yea the sof game is deamn short, i like large games, and i dont like figthing against stupid bots, for example in quake 3, why are they figthing, why do they kill each other???

It seems that Raven software have been incapable of making a reasonably long lasting game since Hexen. If only all FPS games were like Half-life or Quake 2 in terms of longevity in single player.

That's a good point actually, if I'm able to complete Doom 3 in anything less than a week, I will be rather angry...

mancuvus said:

Why do so many people just don´t understand that Quake3 isn´t a singleplayer game? It´s done for multiplayer! And you have a offline training section where you play against bots, this is unfortunately called "singleplayer" (in opposite to multiplayer) but it was never meant to be a real singleplayer with story and everything! Bots there aren´t stupid (they are much nore intelligent than in SoF for example), they fight against each other because it´s a deathmatch, man!

Guest mancuvus

maybe you are right about the bots are not stupid but anyway why didnt they put another name like id dethmatch zone or something like that, they called it quake 3, just to sell more copies of the game cause the title, a first person shooter is the kind of game where you see the pistol and fight against whatever is in the screen it has not to have story and secuence,(until i want al the fps to be like that)

NiGHTMARE said:

It seems that Raven software have been incapable of making a reasonably long lasting game since Hexen. If only all FPS games were like Half-life or Quake 2 in terms of longevity in single player.

That's a good point actually, if I'm able to complete Doom 3 in anything less than a week, I will be rather angry...

Right on about Raven. I beat Heretic 2 in only a SINGLE day of my weekend. What a gyp. SoF is rather short, but in it's defense, every level is quite well designed. The multiplayer is kickass too, even though you probably won't believe me.

As for Doom 3 taking longer than a week, um... ha. :)

The only games that take me longer than a week nowadays are RPGs, and most of them have such cliche and trite storylines I get sickened half-way through. I managed to beat FF7, but I found FF8 so God damned nauseatingly horrible I couldn't force myself to play past the part where you have to find the SeeD guy's sword in front of the minitaur or whatever. Yuck.

I even beat Resident Evil 3 in four days. :/

Now that I think about it, the only four games that really held my attention for longer than a month were The Guardian Legend, Final Fantasy 3, Chrono Trigger, and Doom... and it didn't take me a week to beat any of them.

Gee, I've got $4500 worth of video games, you'd think I'd go back to renting them again. ^_^