• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest gaspe

daemons corpses must stay on the ground

Guest gaspe

I don't like that after kill a monster his body strangely disappear
i want see what i have done to the daemons i want see rooms full of body parts and blood, corpses so i can say oh i'm a demons butcher yeah

This topic has been covered before as well. How odd, I guess I could say that to every post made nowadays.

Anyway, that's more of a RAM issue than an engine issue. If you've got the RAM for it, you can get a mutator for Unreal Tournament that does the same thing. I always have it on. :)

This is something very simple to code, actually, it´s a lack of code. The only problem is the framerate. Normal games take a serious hit when +5000 polys are shown besides the average polycount. Imagine that DooM3 will provide a very powerfull engine that will cost more GPU-power, and the now famous "lot o´ enemies" in screen (not as much as DooM1&2). Imagine models of very high complexity and very detailed texture. That will kill the engine, is way more useful to set a customizable time of existense for the "garbage", to adjust the level cleaning at your desired pleasure/framerate.

deadnail said:

This topic has been covered before as well. How odd, I guess I could say that to every post made nowadays.

Anyway, that's more of a RAM issue than an engine issue. If you've got the RAM for it, you can get a mutator for Unreal Tournament that does the same thing. I always have it on. :)

Why don't they just use LOD on the 'dead corpses'? instead of having 5000 polys per model, use 500... How many people are going to stare at the dead imps laying on the floor long enough to notice that the poly count is lower???

That's not precisely what LOD is for, but, you could make corpses more prone to be leveled down in detail. At the same distance a living Imp would have more polys than a dead Imp, yet when you're hovering over your fresh kill you still get 100% of the happy detail.

I still can't wait to be playing a first person game, looking straight down, seeing the legs, and actually see your character STANDING on a corpse with one leg higher than the other. Yeah. That would be SUCH an improvement over what we have today. =)

Charon said:

Why don't they just use LOD on the 'dead corpses'? instead of having 5000 polys per model, use 500... How many people are going to stare at the dead imps laying on the floor long enough to notice that the poly count is lower???

LOD is affected trought distance, so, having them at 1 meter of you doesn´t really help the framerate. Besides, when i kill a monster, i like to see the corpse to appreciate the art design. A partial solution is to have a "brute LOD", that is more sensitive to distance than with the other models.

Guest GazG

after time the corpses rot so all is left is just a little pile of bits. doesn't take up much poly's, and it still leaves a mess.