Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest inferno

gov't kicking down your door??

Guest inferno

this was an article i found on daily radar...its about what lieberman (vice pres for al gore)thinks about video games, and by the looks of it... you people who think the government is going to take your games away from you read this...http://www.dailyradar.com/news/game_news_5142.html

That was a refreshing end to some of the paranoia.

Not that I'm saying he might not change his mind after he gets in office, but that's still nice to hear.

Hehehe, hahaha
I am an adult as of 4/20/2000 (gee, I got the same birthday as hitler and the columbine shooting anniversary...)

If they kick down my door they can kiss my royal fat ass.

Uh, and if they ban kids from buying the stuff (from which they probably don't have the money to buy anywayz), they will:
a) get their parents to buy it or...
b) get it (::gasp::) copied from someone if the parents wont buy it.

Lieberman seems pretty good on these issues compared to some other backwater fools...

The way to get rid of this problem that children have with violence is to expose them to it gradually over time.

Kids can drink wine in france and many other european countries. The logic is that with the gradual introduction of it by the parents, the children won't be boozing like so many americans when :pop: it's all the sudden available. It's the too much - too quick scenario that drives people over the edge.

Just like guns, show the children how to use a gun safely, but do it only when you are around, and do it often. This way the kids learn a respect for it. And a locked car trunk is a better place to store some things than even a gun cabinet!
(my dad would put things in his car trunk to hide them when I was a kid, damn smart)

Oh, damn. I can´t understand why this Middle Age behavior still exists. Whatever the gobernment of every nation want to do, content in the public´s media is constantly adapting to the present time. Look at 30 years old movies, for example, there were a lot of topics that people won´t dare to even mention in a film. Same happened trough the centuries with Literature.
I´m aware that there are some things that aren´t for minors, and I respect that. But banning games is the wrong move. It´s a lot better to teach than a gun can KILL than hiding it from his eyes.
If parents teach their kids from young that it´s just red pixels, little colored points of light, instead of banning the products, things would be easier.
It´s natural curiosity, kids are more interested about those taboo topics because their parents put too much attention on them.
Since the first weeks of playing DooM, i loose that sick feeling from watching explicit content. No game today impresses me. But i tested some things, and my parents get sick from some of this scenes (Something in SoF was).
Anyway, it´s all a futile protection. When a kid wants something, he get it. Natural perseverance.

I've been watching violent gorey movies and playing shoot em up games since I was 6, and I havnt gone out and killed anyone yet, or ever feel like killing anyone. Only people that do that are people that have something wrong in the head in the first place. If Doom and other games and movies effected kids in a bad way, then every kid in school would be shooting up every other kid, schools would be war zones of homocidal kids who have been corrupted from playing games like Doom!. Parents blaming Doom and other such games for their kids problems are really just trying to hide the fact that they screwed up somewhere along the way with raising thier kid.