• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Relajo

DooM novels???

Guest Relajo

Ok, here's my problem:

I live on Ecuador, a third world country, so we don't have any good shoping centers and I don't have a credit card to buy on the internet.
Does Anyone know where I can download the DooM novels???

I think no one is going to answer you. Warez related things are deleted from the forums. I don´t know how you can do, but many people say that those novels are BAD.

I´m also interested in downloading some Doom novels, maybe some of you may just scan them and upload it? Although my impressions from what I heard about it around here are not too good.

Guest Erick20
Zaldron said:

I think no one is going to answer you. Warez related things are deleted from the forums. I don´t know how you can do, but many people say that those novels are BAD.

Yeah, a long time ago (maybe 4-5 years ago) my friend and I thought it would be really fun to buy two copies of the same book and read them together, but I remember that we didn't get past the first chapter because it was written so poorly. I'd save your money. (what is the currency in Equador by the way?)

Guest DontAskSam

a friend found all 4 for a quarter(25 cents) apiece at a yard sale. the original cover price was $5.99 each. i bought them from him and it wasn't worth the money except for the covers, which were okay. i read them all, and it was excruciating..badly written doesn't begin to describe what i would call the worst authors in the known universe. after the first book, the plot line veered sharply from anything even remotely resembling the game. just plain bad. horrible. garbage. sh*t. i guess that sums up my feelings, except to say that i bitterly regret the time lost spent reading them. but thats just my opinion. i could be wrong.

Erick20 said:

Yeah, a long time ago (maybe 4-5 years ago) my friend and I thought it would be really fun to buy two copies of the same book and read them together, but I remember that we didn't get past the first chapter because it was written so poorly. I'd save your money. (what is the currency in Equador by the way?)

Hey, do they sell the 3rd novel in the series anymore? I have 1, 2 and 4 and i can't seem to find 3 anywhere!

I am sure, that was/is the only book I see in stores anymore out of the 4.

Guest Relajo
Erick20 said:

We are changing our currency to US dollars.

Guest Aquashark
DontAskSam said:

a friend found all 4 for a quarter(25 cents) apiece at a yard sale. the original cover price was $5.99 each. i bought them from him and it wasn't worth the money except for the covers, which were okay. i read them all, and it was excruciating..badly written doesn't begin to describe what i would call the worst authors in the known universe. after the first book, the plot line veered sharply from anything even remotely resembling the game. just plain bad. horrible. garbage. sh*t. i guess that sums up my feelings, except to say that i bitterly regret the time lost spent reading them. but thats just my opinion. i could be wrong.

Now, I didn't think the 1st DooM novel was that horrible. The rest were. But when I read the first book, it reminded me of my experiences playing Doom. They did change some things they probably shouldn't have, like a talking imp (ehh.. excusable), a second person (I didn't mind too much), a changed ending (No portal opened to bring him back to Earth! I think this change started the independent flavor of the books), and Deimos ending up over Earth rather than Hell (yet another bad change). The worst change, though--they gave the Cacodemon a red eye! It needs a green eye, dammit! Grr... someday the cacs will get revenge...