Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

DooM : THE MOVIE !!!

I remember a few years back in some magazine I bought, a few pages on the "Doom" Movie, which I later heard was a dropped idea because they thought it would not be successful. I even remember some pictures in the article, but I can not remember the magazine it was in if my life depended on it. I personally do not want to see a Doom movie, because if it sucks it will reflect on the game itself badly, maybe even ruin Doom 3. It is better for Doom to stick to the PC, where it is the best. Console dooms have always been a dissapointment to me.

We've talked a lot about this before. Flip through the past posts and check it out.

Basically, though, you have to remember that all movies based on video games have sucked. Hell, even most games based on movies have sucked (aside from True Lies for SNES).

All console Dooms were a disappointment? I'll agree with you there, with two exceptions.
SNES -> I still find it amazing that they got this game on a system with a 5 Mhz processor... and it looks pretty damn good nonetheless. The SuperFX chip they used only had another 10 Mhz in it, so how would Doom look on a PC with 15 Mhz? :)
PSX -> Personally, I thought this was practically a perfect conversion right here. The only thing missing was splitscreen deathmatch, but that didn't even roll around until Legacy.

Guest JudgeDooM

I tottally agree with you.
-The SNES version made me discover DooM, weird huh? I didn't like it at firs 'cos it wasn't fluid, but then I played, and I played, and I played, and so on...my brother was hypnotised too. Everytime that I came back from school, I found him playing it!
-The PSX version made me feel like I was in heaven when I heard the musics...

Guest Xero

This is a site i found all about DooM: Knee Deep In The Dead (The movie... read the book... hope its a lot like the movie will be) http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/doom.html

As far as i know their still writing a screenplay but maybe their filming now... don't really know though

Guest emc
JudgeDooM said:

I tottally agree with you.
-The SNES version made me discover DooM, weird huh? I didn't like it at firs 'cos it wasn't fluid, but then I played, and I played, and I played, and so on...my brother was hypnotised too. Everytime that I came back from school, I found him playing it!
-The PSX version made me feel like I was in heaven when I heard the musics...

The Doom movie had a script by one of the authors of the book, and was going to follow the plotline of said book. Then something happened that made a Doom movie into a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea...
COLUMBINE.
Yep. Those two f**knuts with the kill-everybody complex ruined any hopes of the Doom movie coming out within the next 5-10 years. Right now, everyone's laying low.

Don't ask me how iD Software is gonna avoid catching flak once the papers get wind of Doom3. You know how the idiots of this country are... rather give up 1st amendment rights for a sense of security that comes from not having responsibilities. Our Founding Fathers would've shot themselves if they showed up today.

-EMC