Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lord FlatHead

Doom3 release date

I read in PC Gamer UK (November Issue) that they've got a Doom3 release date of Christmas 2001. Of course this isn't exact, though I wonder where they got that information from - did anyone at id make such a statement, or is it just a wild guess ?

NO there wasn't any offical word about the release date!
Pcgamer ASSUMES as we all do but it definetly won't be out until 2002 -2003.

If IDsoftware was any other company I would say add a year or 2 onto that, but since they usually deliever on time, unlike companies such as 3Drealms and Blizzard, its safe to say somewhere in that area.

Malum Archon said:

...2002 to 2003...

Well, think about this:
How long after the last DooM was made, did Quake1 come out, how long after Quake1 did QuakeII come out? Not to far apart. And with today's technology, and Carmack's practice on making his engines, AND the fact that idSoftware already knows what they are gonna put into it, I dont think it will be too far down the road til' it comes out. :)

Malum Archon said:

If IDsoftware was any other company I would say add a year or 2 onto that, but since they usually deliever on time, unlike companies such as 3Drealms and Blizzard, its safe to say somewhere in that area.

ID only delivers on time because their release dates are always "when it's done". I think Doom 2 was about the only game ID have ever made that had a set release date before it was actually finished.