Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spectre

Doom 3 Multiplayer

Guest spectre

This is just me, but I think IF id decides to incorporate multiplayer into Doom 3, then it should ONLY be cooperative! Just Space Marines vs. the forces of Hell...no capture the flag, no deathmatch. If Doom were to really happen, then the Space Marines would work together to stay alive...no matter how much they hated eachother. Just my opinion though...

I also think if coop play is included, then I think it would be damn cool to be able to wear a headsite and actually talk back and forth with your teammates instead of having to type. This of course would probably only be possible for people with high speed connections, but just think how much more fun it would be!

Yeah, we have enough deathmatch games, and there isnt really much point to them but kill kill kill, even though they are still fun fun fun. I wish there were more co-op games out there, with the headsets and all. I always had funner playing co-op in doom and duke with friends. To make it harder tho, monsters should do damage Xthe number of players working together and have Xthe number of players in HPs so there is a challenge.

Well, you also have to remember that it IS a game, and that many modes of multiplay will be included.

There is another game coming soon that has high-bandwidth-only deathmatch, with full voice and such. Perhaps they could make it so people with high-bandwidth could talk and hear each other, but everyone else on modem would just miss out and have to type. Don't ask me what game it was, my brain sucks.

Unfortunately 56k is **ALL** that's available in my area. I'm definitely willing to pay $100 a month for a cable modem, if the damn thing would just get up here soon. :(

Me too, i can´t believe that this city doesn´t have cable yet, and a little town at 1 km from here (1000 habitants approx) got it.

What about a new multiplayer game, where one person is the spacemarine and the others play with demon models and hunt him?
Or some kind of Capture the Flag with Team A: spacemarines and Team B: servants of evil :) ? And instead of capturing a flag you will capture an artifact from the demons (the Necronomicon?) and the demons capture a neutron bomb from the spacemarines :)

Guest spectre
Malum Archon said:

Yeah, we have enough deathmatch games, and there isnt really much point to them but kill kill kill, even though they are still fun fun fun. I wish there were more co-op games out there, with the headsets and all. I always had funner playing co-op in doom and duke with friends. To make it harder tho, monsters should do damage Xthe number of players working together and have Xthe number of players in HPs so there is a challenge.

Not a bad idea.