Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malum Archon

A new doom website

In my free time I have been working on a doom website, just for fun. If anyone has some suggestions or things they would like to see in a doom site post them please. Its not going to be anything professional, and I'm gonna try to make it the best I can with my limited resourses. If anyone knows of a good website hosting service with a good deal of space and not to many banners, I'd appreciate it. Also, I'd like to make my own logo for myself in this forum, how do I upload that?

Page: Maybe you could be hosted here!

Logo: If you go to the forums section, where you can see them listes down. There should be a register button. Press it. THEN type in your name and password, and go to the bottm left of the screen. Push "edit profile". THEN, press Upload. And choose the logo youve made, a Gif under 3000 K, (36 * 36). THEN email our King(Slave) Linguica Linguica@doomworld.com And tell him to activate your face!

A gallery section with "concept art" would be very nice! There are some people here who made sketches of their ideas about Doom3 (weapons, enemies, the spacemarine, logos...) and it would be great to show them all in such a gallery of fan fiction. What do you think?

You can consider the UK based http://www.f2s.com

20 megs
no banners
no popups
decent speed
subdomain
100% total freedom

Freedom 2 Surf -> F2S

Check out my site.
No nagging adverts. :)

I don't use their mail, I always use Yahoo! Mail. It's the only online mail I can find that lets you send HTML emails. The CNN mail the Lycos mail all of the free website+mail things don't let you do jack.

If I was forced to suck down one of those HTML-less emailers, I'd go with evilemail.com since they don't attach your IP to your messages. Plus, it's just cool to have an addy like @pimpdaddywelfare.com heheh. Check the POE.

They don't let you upload zip/mp3/exe files? Um... I never had any trouble with that. I know for a fact they take zip files so were you just guessing?

Also, they prefer you do everything through FTP... which is about 4,000 times faster than some lame HTML uploading script.

CuteFTP handles that job quite well.

They've also got the databases, the frontpage extensions, the php4 or whatever the fuck all of that new crap is that I never gave two shits for in the first place.

I still do everything the right way.

Notepad.

'Nuff said.

Guest Erick20
sirgalahadwizar said:

So it's free huh?, no catches at all?

only problem is that it won't let you upload zip/mp3/exe files so that sucks.

and how would I use their e-mail anyway?

not true. you can upload any file to F2S... and yes, there are no lame ads..

Tetzlaff said:

A gallery section with "concept art" would be very nice! There are some people here who made sketches of their ideas about Doom3 (weapons, enemies, the spacemarine, logos...) and it would be great to

Hey Tet! Go to my page, it has an art gallery! http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/bjkap

Hey nice! A spacemarine with a touch of Manga :) Thumbnails will be good for the gallery when it´s getting larger.

Erick20 said:

not true. you can upload any file to F2S... and yes, there are no lame ads..

Hey bucko, nice site there. Still needs some work, you know, what with all the missing pages and such.

Anyone here try that Netscape 6? Boy, is it a piece of shit next to Internet Explorer 5.5. If anyone goes to my site, I hope you do it with IE or it won't look anything like it's supposed to.

Cool, thx all for the info and ideas. When I get something up I'll post the link in the forum and let you all complain or compliment :)

Malum Archon said:

Is signing up like say with fortune city or angelfire (for more space) and using that site for storing files and such legal?

Using a free website for space only is legal, but it's against the rules of use for that site, and when they find out they'll cancel your subscription. Gee, how much damn space do you need? :)

As for linking to the Doomworld forums with a forums button, why just not make a Doomworld forums button so it's not misleading?

Guest Hellraiser

you should probably check out www.xoom.com they have unlimited space and few adds.

I am interrested in doing wad reviews (something that I would do on my own, but would like a good place to post just the same) if you would like someone for that job.