Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malum Archon

Old Website Design

Here is my old website, made with frontpage :( I'm gonna drop it though and start new on my other idea, here it is as I promised for you all to rate anyway. Frontpage is kinda hard to work with, making a site look decent that is, but I know little html and dont have much time to look through those fat ass books!. So I'm gonna restart and try to make something better. First going to see if I can get a copy of dreamweaver for a decent price at a comp show.

http://www.geocities.com/malumd3/

be nice

Gee, bucko, this is a lot of your website related posts in the Doom 3 forum. =)

Don't waste your time with Frontpage or any other bullshit program.

Do it the right way.

Notepad.

That's how I did my site.

I like mine 'cuz it automatically centers and aligns itself just right no matter the resolution. Well, in IE anyways. Since AOL bought Netscape it's turned to the WORST browser, even Opera has it beat!

If you want decent web software: Web Page Construction Kit 5.0 (or later). It's easier to use than MS Paint. About $25.

deadnail said:

Do it the right way.

Notepad.

I like mine 'cuz it automatically centers and aligns itself just right no matter the resolution. Well, in IE anyways. Since AOL bought Netscape it's turned to the WORST browser, even Opera has it beat!

deadnail,

It's good to see someone else who uses Notepad! Nothing beats it. FrontPage is the biggest piece of garbage ever made. WYSIWYG my &^##! I hate that it adds in all it's stupid little webbot junk to everything. And your right about Netscape, it does suck now. Though it has always seemed to have problems with tables.

Yeah, I tried several times to make something decent in FrontPage, but it always managed to screw things up. What a piece of s**t. I don´t know how to code in HTML enough to use Notepad, but i found DreamWeaver interesting.

Yeah I've been wanting to get a copy (non-pirated) or dreamweaver, but I'm low on cash right now. Sorry for all these website posts, they will discontinue.

Charon said:

deadnail,

It's good to see someone else who uses Notepad! Nothing beats it. FrontPage is the biggest piece of garbage ever made. WYSIWYG my &^##! I hate that it adds in all it's stupid little webbot junk to everything. And your right about Netscape, it does suck now. Though it has always seemed to have problems with tables.

Holy Hell, there's another one?

I've been doing things the notepad way for four years.

Netscape really always has had serious problems with tables, I remember that now. Ever make a page with Netscape's composer and check the source? Why does it add seven hundred font tags? :)

deadnail said:

Do it the right way.

Notepad.

Yeah I used to use notepad to make html files.. but now I use this program called Evrsoft 1st 2000. It's not WYSIWYG, its pure html, and YOU code it, but it just includes tons of pre-made tags for you to put in very quickly. This saves a tons of time. Plus, it has colours for whatever tags you are using, so you can find your tags easier. This also includes tons of scripts and everything. www.evrsoft.com
They're working on another version right now though so you'll have to wait a bit if you want it.

Yeah I've used one of them things before. I forget which one I had, but it had that screen, and a tab up top to switch to the Word-like editor, and another 'preview' tab. Made things go a wee bit quicker. Then the 30 day trial died and I deleted it with no regrets.

Why is Doom better than sex?
Because you can't play Doom during sex, you say?

Well, it's obvious you've never been to my place on a Friday night. ;)

deadnail said:

Holy Hell, there's another one?

I've been doing things the notepad way for four years.

Netscape really always has had serious problems with tables, I remember that now. Ever make a page with Netscape's composer and check the source? Why does it add seven hundred font tags? :)

I have never really used Composer, but a friend of mine tried it for a while and said it did some really odd things with the coding.

BTW, I like your site. In particular, the minimalistic style. I have been approaching that for a while now and am really starting to like it. The site I am working on now is sort of in between, but I still like it, and so does the client. And we all know that is what is important.

Psyonisis,
I'll check out Evrsoft, sounds interesting at least. Though it's strange that they won't let you download the old version before they release the new one. Oh well, I'm going out of town this weekend, so I wouldn't have anytime to play with it anyway.

I can make pages with GoLive, Flash 5 and Dreamweaver... I'm studying on a Graphics & Art-school.... I can do some cool stuff for internet...

Charon said:

I have never really used Composer, but a friend of mine tried it for a while and said it did some really odd things with the coding.

BTW, I like your site. In particular, the minimalistic style. I have been approaching that for a while now and am really starting to like it. The site I am working on now is sort of in between, but I still like it, and so does the client. And we all know that is what is important.

Psyonisis,
I'll check out Evrsoft, sounds interesting at least. Though it's strange that they won't let you download the old version before they release the new one. Oh well, I'm going out of town this weekend, so I wouldn't have anytime to play with it anyway.

Woohoo!!! Just got Flash 5 from Tech Data!!!!!! Now I have to learn to use it...

deadnail said:

Yeah I've used one of them things before. I forget which one I had, but it had that screen, and a tab up top to switch to the Word-like editor, and another 'preview' tab. Made things go a wee bit quicker. Then the 30 day trial died and I deleted it with no regrets.

Why is Doom better than sex?
Because you can't play Doom during sex, you say?

Well, it's obvious you've never been to my place on a Friday night. ;)

The 1st Page 2000 was free off the website. A while back you have to pay for it, but they released it completely.

As for your place on a Friday night... oh god that's tonight! LOL
btw it's my birthday today so someone say happy birthday
lol

Well, no orgy-deathmatch LAN party bull goin' on tonight, it's my dad's 50th and we're throwing a shindig. I just got him a DVD player. Naturally, I also dropped forty five bucks and got Army Of Darkness Directors Cut and Urotsokodoji for me. :)

Boy, that is probably the weirdest Hentai I've ever seen, and FYI, I also paid $150 for a boxed set of LA Blue Girl, VHS, which is now obsolete. :Þ Damn, I gotta buy it again! I've got a couple more, but at thirty bucks a pop I guess I should just start downloading .asf's instead.

Okay, Psy...
HAPPY FUCKIN' BIRTHDAY YOU THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD YOU
GIVE IT A PINCH SO IT'LL GROW AN INCH
WHADD'YAD GET? ANY GAMES?

Hey, that reminds me, I just rented Strider 2 for PSX and guess what, IT ABSOLUTELY KICKS ASS! WHY IN THE HELL AREN'T THERE MORE POLYGONIC PLATFORM ADVENTURE GAMES?!

Strider 2
Wild 9
...damn, are these the only two?

Okay, Char...
Macromedia Flash? Well, I've always wanted to get into that stuff but never had the program. Is it expensive? I saw a site one time with flash backgrounds... that'd be cool as hell for my site, I could have my symbol rotating 'n stuff... also, glad you dig my minimalistic webpage style. I managed to keep it looking great, fast loading, and obscene as hell at the same time. :)

If anyone here wants a decent read, why don't you take a peek at my propaganda page? I just put one called '9x19 parabellum hollow point' up there not to long ago...