Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy

PERFECT!

That would be so awsome if DooM really happened.
Say it's getting late, and your at a friends house with a few buddies, and the sky is just turning from pink to purple, getting later. Of course your friend has a few shotguns in his basement, as well as his dad did. But then, you hear an explosion, you look outside, and the giant sky scraper a few blocks away is completely blown up. The you look to the left, and see a Cyber Deamon, and an army of imps marching down the street, car's blowing up, buildings smashed. You run to the basement with your friends, grab the shotguns, and run outside shooting the imps! In the distant, you see a few arachnotrons scanning the streats, and hear the screeching robot leg sounds. You also see an archvile walk by, and blow a car strait into the air! You run into the woods, and run into something... left, right, nothing there! But then you look up, A CACODEAMON! You and your friends blow it to pumpkin pie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And hey, at least you would die in dignity and fun, better than being shot in war, or dying of a disease!!!
OH GOD THAT WOULD ROCK!!!!!

Guest Sissy the Caco
Jeremy said:

But then you look up, A CACODEAMON! You and your friends blow it to pumpkin pie!

Or you die

Oh, I see. So this was all a ploy to get some descriptions for the Doom movie? Well, forgive me if it didn't sink it right away, after all, this is your 3rd post about 'what if Doom were real' and I think your 470th about the Doom movie that has about as much chance of happening as Michael Jackson turning black again.

Would it rock to see Doom on the big screen?
I wouldn't mind seeing the GAME on a thirty foot screen.

An actual movie, though, is already damned to suck. How would they do the demons? Masks? Great, Imps that look like that muppet Yoda in Epic-sore 1. Computer effects? Great, shiny plastic toy looking CG like Jurrasic Park 2. The fact is that the only way the Doom movie would look right is if it were animated or CG the whole way through, and either way it would take four to six years to do properly.

Even then you must remember that the whole Doom universe is so utterly devoid of reality that it would never transcend from monitors to theater screens.

One straight hit and the marine would be down. Five, giving most movie bullshit men-among-men. The game, though, revolves around your character being able to take an almost infinite amount of punishment.

What is it, twenty bullets to take him down? Even Scwartzeneggar couldn't make that even half-way realistic. So, they have to cut that for the sake of keeping people in their seats for longer that fourteen seconds... so what, this one man is able to cut down a literal army of 2000 demons from hell with his hand-held weaponry? One man couldn't take out 2000 humans, let alone firebreathing demons.

Also, considering the game there's almost no storyline whatsoever...

...and, for the LOVE OF GOD, don't you dare EVEN mention those novels. If it's going to be a movie it's going to be an R rated movie, not some fucking pathetic PG Saturday morning cartoon with half the feasibility of the Transformers.

The simple fact of the matter is, if it's going to be a movie it's going to look just like and be practically just like Godzilla, except it's referencing a game instead of shitty black and white Japanese movies.

Name one movie based on an action-packed, kill everything in sight and tack on a storyline later video game that hasn't completely sucked ass.

Wait, they haven't even bothered yet, have they?

Gee, I wonder why Contra wouldn't make a good game.

Jeremy said:

...And hey, at least you would die in dignity and fun, better than being shot in war, or dying of a disease!!!OH GOD THAT WOULD ROCK!!!!!

whats so fun about getting your heart ripped out and chances are you get to see it throbing from the fear then getting crushed, then demons running up to your dead carcus, and taking a huge chunk out of your body while your organs plop in to the floor and you entrails getting drug around, then your head getting stomped in flater than a pancake wile a cyberdemon tries to pick it off its hoof, then shoots a rocket to finally get it off? and whats so fun about destruction? everybody can destroy, but not everybody can create

Guest Sissy the Caco

Sissy thinks a virtual reality simulation of something like this would be cool, but in real life even a poor lonely hissy would fuck you up good. Remember, unlike in the games, you wont survive a bunch of shot gun shots tearing through your stomach and still be able to run around making cacodemon pie.

deadnail said:

You´re completely right. Only a game can make such things nice & fun. Let´s hope never find ourselves in the middle of a war. Demons or humans, it´s already a nightmare.

Guest mancuvus
deadnail said:

deamn it almost sounds poetical, you are right about it will not be a game when you stay in the floor without legs or wjatever but think, will you be able to stand up and fight? or you will be in the floor crying like a little girl with your pants full of shit!!!

mancuvus said:

or you will be in the floor crying like a little girl with your pants full of shit!!!

I think everyone here would do that, including me, including you. You´re trying to say that the worst Nightmare possible for Humankind, the Apocalypse, could be fun with a "couple o´ shotguns".
C´mon! what are you thinking?!?, deadnail hasn´t just make a poem, had described a realistic scene. You think you could archieve something with a gun against a single super-strong Pinkie? an bloodthirsty Imp? a Navy SEAL possessed? a collosal CyberDaemon?

It worked. I wanted to see what you people would say! Now re-read what you post {especially you, deadnail} Now, tell me, this is what would be in the DooM movie, and I was smiliing while reading what you people posted, tell me now, that the DooM movie would suck! NO IT WOULDNT! Even if it did turn out dull, you dont even fucking tell me it would rock to see all the DooM monsters in a movie looking super freaking real!!!

i dont wanna see any thing remotely similar to the video of "Happiness in Slavery" by Nine Inch Nails, i almost vomited, which is a first. if you wanna see what i mean, go to www.nineinchnails.net and go to the downloads section, then jump to the videos, and go to "Happiness in Slavery". dont say that i didnt warn you.

Guest erick20
Captain Skippy said:

whats so fun about getting your heart ripped out and chances are you get to see it throbing from the fear then getting crushed, then demons running up to your dead carcus, and taking a huge chunk out of your body while your organs plop in to the floor and you entrails getting drug around, then your head getting stomped in flater than a pancake wile a cyberdemon tries to pick it off its hoof, then shoots a rocket to finally get it off? and whats so fun about destruction? everybody can destroy, but not everybody can create

captain skippy.. just wanted to let you know that the above post had me laughing out loud, and even harder when I compared it to what 10 year old Jeremy started with.. :)

Captain Skippy said:

i dont wanna see any thing remotely similar to the video of "Happiness in Slavery" by Nine Inch Nails, i almost vomited, which is a first. if you wanna see what i mean, go to www.nineinchnails.net and go to the downloads section, then jump to the videos, and go to "Happiness in Slavery". dont say that i didnt warn you.

The "Gave Up" video (the original one, not the re-make for Closure) is the better [worse] one than Happiness In Slavery. The guy who starred in and directed the Happiness In Slavery video (Bob Flanagan) also has a documentary on himself out called "Sick" where he does much worse things to himself than what happens in the Slavery video (nails through your wang, anybody?)

Guest runbgc
Captain Skippy said:

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard

Guest mancuvus
Zaldron said:

I think everyone here would do that, including me, including you. You´re trying to say that the worst Nightmare possible for Humankind, the Apocalypse, could be fun with a "couple o´ shotguns".
C´mon! what are you thinking?!?, deadnail hasn´t just make a poem, had described a realistic scene. You think you could archieve something with a gun against a single super-strong Pinkie? an bloodthirsty Imp? a Navy SEAL possessed? a collosal CyberDaemon?

hey man altough i have the same icon i am not the guy who did the post i am mancuvus, but you are right
see ya

MAN. It looks like noone here understood Jer's post! I think he ment to create a combined feeling of Nostalgia and Excitement by writing a post like that. It seems you all took it WAY too serious! Especially you Deadnail, you dont have to write 5 pages about something that WOULDNT be fun, you should try to focus on something else! What i got from Jer's post, was Nostalgie, excitement, friendship and a nice warm feeling. Just imagine how good it must feel busting down some Imps with your best friends! Dont focus on the gore or seriousness of war. Think about something more, something better. When i read Jer's post, i felt a great warm feeling. I pictured 4 guys, having a blast. Then the hellspawn came and invaded the earth. WHAT DID THE GUYS DO? Did they cry, did they fight eachother, did they hide? NO. They did what is best for friendship. They got out and fought a war for the humans. They stood up for themselves. They stuck together. I KNOW the smartest thing to do, was to hide or something like that. But that wasnt what i focused on in Jer's post. The guys did something great. Something different. They didnt really care if they died. They didnt care about the future. They did something great!

Dont take something like this serious. Allthough think about the symbolic idea in this text!

Shaviro said:

Yeah Skippy! You are such a fucker!

Yeah, Moanth's right!

You're a fucker, Skippy!

Guest mancuvus
Shaviro said:

so, that is the video game you know, but he is talking about real life, is not that we are taking it so serious, it is just the diference betwen the game and reality

Sissy the Caco said:

Sissy thinks a virtual reality simulation of something like this would be cool, but in real life even a poor lonely hissy would fuck you up good. Remember, unlike in the games, you wont survive a bunch of shot gun shots tearing through your stomach and still be able to run around making cacodemon pie.

I could... but eventually I would slow down from blood loss.

ways to stop me instantly:
*spinal cord injury
*flamethroer/napalm
*extreme structural damage
*poisons
*head injury
*heart injury (and i'd still be around to fuck you up for about 20 seconds)

Shaviro said:

We all know the differense between Reality and virtuality!

Jesus.

Well then, with the difference clearly in your mind picture the Doom movie.

Saving Private Ryan or G.I. Joe?

Jeremy said:

That would be so awsome if DooM really happened.Say it's getting late, and your at a friends house with a few buddies, and the sky is just turning from pink to purple, getting later. Of course your

man...talk about becoming a bit too much absorbed into your own fantasy. =)

Sissy the Caco said:

Of course, in real life, you would be more tempted to try actually dodging the fireballs and bullets flying at you. Plus, you would have much more freedom of movement to try dodging them. OK, so you can't dodge bullets, but you could at least duck or hide behind a corner or something to avoid getting shot.