Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shaviro

Doom3. A Good/Bad thing?

I think were all excited about the upgaming Doom game. BUT theres other things we have to consider!

If Doom3 attracts a lot o' attention, the lamers and Llamas, who dont know of anyhting else but flaming and playing multiplayer, will come to doom. They will surely kill some of doom.

If we take a look at doom as it is now. Zdoom, EDGE, JDooM, PRBOOM and so on. We see that we have kept doom alive. Now, when doom3 will be released, all is forgotten, all is lost. Im gonna ask u all: Will u still be here when the Lamers and Llamas have gone? Will u be here to keep Doom2 uptodate? Are we all gonna forget Doom2? That would truly suck.

Everyone in this community contributes to doom. Just imagine all those idiots ONLY playing multiplayer, only flaming, imagine them, those filthy dogs in OUR apartment. This COULD be the end of doom! We have to think of somesorta stradegy before Doom3 Gets here. Maybe we could all build a web-page, where we will all be given password and USERID. A page for the doomers who DESERVE doom, a place where we could all be alone.....

Guest mancuvus

no way, we will never forget about it, i mean about doom 2, it just canot happend, well i am talking about me but i think every doomer know this, about the other mother fuckers i dont think, they degrade doom if we are here to get it alive

The reasons we've stuck to DOOM all this time is plain and simple. We're loyal, we like DOOM, and we think newer and more advanced games are just not our sort of thing. The theory that us classic-DOOM players will be killed off like flies when the new DOOM comes out is preposterous. If we decide to stick to classic DOOM, then we will. It's as simple as that. And it's not a one or the other sort of thing. classic DOOM and new DOOM can live harmoniously.

I'm sure that when the new DOOM comes along, plenty of new DOOM sites will be sprouting up. Doomworld will still be here. And I'm sure that Doomworld will be the most up-to-date classic DOOM site. The #1 classic DOOM site on the web. The most content, the most news, the most involvement in the classic DOOM series. The new-age DOOM sites wouldn't know where to begin.

Think about it.. Do you really think the new DOOM could in any way replace what we've been doing for so long? What's so special about the new DOOM? How could it kill us off? Stop and think about it.

And you know, sure some childing losers could go running around, swearing, flaming, playing multi-player on their own sites.. Like planetdoom.com, or doomglobe.com, or doom3swamp.net, or whatever sites pop up.. But at Doomworld, we have the control. We have the power to moderate the site. Silence those folks, kick them out.. We do have a say in the matter.

I've thought about that too...which me brings me to another related point...what if DooM 3 is an amazing success and all of those jokers out there jump on the bandwagon after saying it has sucked for so many years...i swear to it I'll go out there and kill every last one of 'em cuz we can proudly say that weve been doom freaks since it was first released....

I see completely where you`re coming from.

If Doom3 is HUGE, then the worst thing that can happen is for "the aformentioned people" to come here and spout how we`re all losers for liking old, alledgedly `retarded` games. - And if this happens, it will happen TOO much.

Let us hope this doesn`t happen. Or Doomworld has a protected entry mechanism that requires a player to clear THE SUBURBS Doom2 level in under three minutes at UV with 100% kills.

That should sort out the players from the lamers ;)

mancuvus said:

no way, we will never forget about it, i mean about doom 2, it just canot happend, well i am talking about me but i think every doomer know this, about the other mother fuckers i dont think, they degrade doom if we are here to get it alive

Damn straight boy, do i deserve to have "DooM" or does everybody
here hate my ass because of all my stupid ideas?

Those who "deserve" Doom? WTF? Doom isn't a state of being or a privelege that one must earn, it's a GAME. I will be happy to accomodate the needs of anyone who visits this website, and when the new Doom game comes out, Doomworld will be centered primarily around it, but we will cover any old-Doom news if there's still any left by then.

Doom 3 won't kill Doom 1 or 2. The reason?

As I said in another post recently, 75% of current Doomers have computers so crap they can't even play Half-life.

Linguica said:

Those who "deserve" Doom? WTF? Doom isn't a state of being or a privelege that one must earn, it's a GAME. I will be happy to accomodate the needs of anyone who visits this website, and when the new Doom game comes out, Doomworld will be centered primarily around it, but we will cover any old-Doom news if there's still any left by then.

Linguica is right, DooM isn´t some kind of religion were you need to pass certain trial tests, it´s just a game...

AndrewB said:

And you know, sure some childing losers could go running around, swearing, flaming, playing multi-player on their own sites.. Like planetdoom.com, or doomglobe.com, or doom3swamp.net, or whatever sites pop up.. But at Doomworld, we have the control. We have the power to moderate the site. Silence those folks, kick them out.. We do have a say in the matter.

Gamespy has worked wise in this matter, it didn´t register planetdoom.com, but doom3.com...