Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jayextee

Yet more (Yawn) on Doom3 editing...

Maybe someone has already mentioned this (If so, please don`t flame me. Only God can be everywhere. Did I say God? I meant John Carmack ;) but it would be cool if Doom3 actually supports Doom2 WADs, but renders them like Doom3 levels.

IE, all the THINGS would be polygon models, either monsters or stuff like candles, etc. would be, like predetermined brushes, etc.

And those old crappy textures? Well, Doom3 would Bump-map them instead, meaning that a lifeless computer wall now has a bit of shape.

Of course, maybe not - Custom wads would be problematic, maybe - and at any costs I won`t be able to play it :(

Unless I sell my sister or something.... (heh heh... mental note - plan b, sell sister for an Athlon or something...)

I just thought it would be cool, so we wouldn`t all be *completely* wasting our time.

Guest banann

Yeah, that would be great... but ill be pesimistic... q1 and q2 bsp maps waren't 100% compatible (actually same engine) - DooM1,2 compatible to DooM3? -> see it and die:) J.C. - I'm sure you wouldn't be able to do it;) heheh;) or would you?;)

God, Carmack, it´s the same...

About the conversion. Well, obviously iD is very busy to make such an utility. But someone could do that after D3 is released with some tech info.
Only takes changing sectors for brushes, changing textures for the most adequate, the same with the entities.
Well, custom won´t work, too complex. Zdoom for that

mmmh, selling your sister...
i smell some bussiness here!

banann said:

Yeah, that would be great... but ill be pesimistic... q1 and q2 bsp maps waren't 100% compatible (actually same engine) - DooM1,2 compatible to DooM3? -> see it and die:) J.C. - I'm sure you wouldn't be able to do it;) heheh;) or would you?;)

Do not presume to use the name of God-Emperor Carmack in vain, banann.