Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

I am satisfied! Everyone READ THIS!

A MESSAGE WAS POSTED IN THE STOMPED DOOM 3 FORUMS!!!

The engine is being completely rewritten, just piece-by-piece. Currently, the renderer,shader system, and game code are completely new. The cgame and network code have been removed. The animation system is currently being written from the ground up. The sound system and UI are still in place, but will be rewritten by Graeme and Robert when they are finished with the mission pack. At some point along the way, John will probably write a new network system.
So, even though we are not starting out with a blank sheet of paper, the final result will be a full rewrite.

Jim Dosé
id Software

I AM SO HAPPY!
ZALDRON U WERE RIGHT!

Indeed this are good news. If everything must be redone, then every sub-system of the engine will change to :

a) An optimized version
b) Or a revolutionary change

I hope that you people realize the importance of this post on doom3@stomped. No, i´m not talking about the engine itself. What i mean is that iD Software actually is monitoring the forum community. At least we know that our thoughts about the issue are being heard.

Dima said:

I would go for B!
hehe

Anything less and id's ass is grass.

Zaldron said:

I hope that you people realize the importance of this post on doom3@stomped. No, i´m not talking about the engine itself. What i mean is that iD Software actually is monitoring the forum community. At least we know that our thoughts about the issue are being heard.

No, it means they're looking at the Doom3 @ Stomped forums :P

C´mon, im sure iD´s looking here also. This is doomworld.com, maybe the most important webpage regarding DooM series.

ID GIVE US A SIGN!!!

Note: if some idiot is going to post a response (and it´s not an iD employee), then at least write the name right (no John Karmak please)

Linguica said:

No, it means they're looking at the Doom3 @ Stomped forums :P

Linguica, why are you so bitter???

;->

S.