Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

...Name Of The Game...

I think that Doom 3 is actually good!
Doom 2000 sounds stupid!
Maybe it will be something like Doom 3 The Final Way

"The new DOOM game" is how everyone calls it. Even iD.
So it´s obviously that iD hasn´t tought yet a good name. Damn, they didn´t made an official statement over the media, it was just a comment of 2 lines in JC .plan file.
I wonder if they will stick to DooM 3, or make up a decent subtitle.

Guest JudgeDooM
Shaviro said:

Doom 2000 DOES sound stupid!

DooM 3 rules!

I'm for Doom 3 too.

i remember a couple months ago someone said it shouldnt have a name, and the cover should be all black so they could call it the black game like metallica's black album

I've said it before and I'll say it again i think DooM:Resurrection sounds the coolest but there is a mega wad named that so it wouldn't work besides i cant even get that working :P

Guest fraggle`
masterhassan said:

i remember a couple months ago someone said it shouldnt have a name, and the cover should be all black so they could call it the black game like metallica's black album

yeah that would be fucking original wouldnt it? I know, lets sue napster while we're at it too...

Main Name
=========
Doom 3
Doom 2000
Doom Milennium
Doom Resurrection
Doom Assault
Doom Revenge

Subtitle
========
The Final Way
The New Doom
Infernal Affairs
Dance of the Dead
Survivor
Apocalypse

Let's see some bigass lists like this. :)

Guest Spectre
fraggle` said:

yeah that would be fucking original wouldnt it? I know, lets sue napster while we're at it too...

hahahahha!

fraggle` said:

wokka wokka wokka

1.DOOM III
2.DOOMED
3.DOOM III HEAVEN and HELL
4.DOOM III Crossing the RIVER STYX
5.DOOM III The Malestrom of Decay
6.DOOM III "FINAL COUNTDOWN"
7.DOOM III INFERNAL SKY
8.DOOM FOREVER
9.DOOM III "HELLSTORM"
10.DOOM III MALICE

Guest Firebrandt
tsareppsun said:

1.DOOM III
2.DOOMED
7.DOOM III INFERNAL SKY
8.DOOM FOREVER
9.DOOM III "HELLSTORM"
10.DOOM III MALICE

How 'bout just DOOM?
Everyone calls the original Doom 'Doom 1' or 'Ultimate Doom' if it applies, and #2 is 'Doom II: Hell on Earth'.

It's been done before and it is still being done, giving sequels or continuations of titles that are really old (in computer years :p) the same name as their predecessor has become a common practice.

Look at 'Neverwinter Nights' for example. NW used to be a game back in the 80's and it's currently in development sequel (well maybe not "sequel") has the same name.

Guest mancuvus

doom 3: the anger of hell

I just thought of this...I already some ppl are gonna say this sounds stupid but I dont give a rip...anyway i was thinking something along the lines of DooM:Death's Warm Welcome...or you could replace death with hell and have it still make sense...

JudgeDooM said:

I'm for Doom 3 too.

DooM 3 sounds ok... But then you get a little problem. There's a lotta people out there who wouldn't agree with such a title, because there was Final DooM and Ultimate DooM too...

But I think "DooM 3 : ressurection" would rule...

I don't think Ultimate DooM and Final DooM were official Sequels, do you ???

Ultimate Doom was an expansion of Doom, another episode.

Final Doom was an expansion of Doom II, a pair of new episodes.

Doom64 was a combination of Doom and Doom II, with much omitted and all the graphics and levels changed due to the licensing rights of Nintendo. A Final Doom 2 was planned but never completed, which I don't understand because Doom64 kicked major ass. C'mon, you cheap bastards, let's see a Gamecube version of Final Doom 2, with everything having 2000 polygons per model and all new levels. We deserve it. ;)

Doom 3: Resurrection sounds fine, but what got resurrected? The 5000 or so of every type of enemy you killed before?

The problem with a lot of these subtitles is that movies have already used them before. Alien 4 used this one. Duke 4 is using the Batman 3 subtitle, Duke Nukem Forever.

What's next?
Doom 3: The Book Of Shadows
This Time It's Personal

I know they were expansions, but some people like to see them as sequels to the "doom-story"...

Hey, how about "D3" .... ???

Guest fraggle`
tsareppsun said:

1.DOOM III
2.DOOMED
7.DOOM III INFERNAL SKY
8.DOOM FOREVER
9.DOOM III "HELLSTORM"
10.DOOM III MALICE

its the final countdown! dadela da! dada da da da!

Guest JudgeDooM
Disorder said:

DooM 3 sounds ok... But then you get a little problem. There's a lotta people out there who wouldn't agree with such a title, because there was Final DooM and Ultimate DooM too...

But I think "DooM 3 : ressurection" would rule...

I don't think Ultimate DooM and Final DooM were official Sequels, do you ???

Yeah, and some people call Final doom "Doom 3", so there's another problem... I've tought of "Doom 3:Final chapter".

Nice solution to the problem, but then it would mean that D3 will be the last DooM... Is that really what we want ???

Guest JudgeDooM
Disorder said:

I know they were expansions, but some people like to see them as sequels to the "doom-story"...

Hey, how about "D3" .... ???

impossible, there's a game named...D, on the Sega Saturn. There's the sequel called D2. O fcourse these games are not made by Id, so they don't have the right to call it D3, since everyone is going to think that it will be the follow up to D2. I don't know how to explain it exactly in english, but I think u understood my point.
Well, sure I don't want it to be the last Doom, but I haven't got any other idea for the name of the game...

JudgeDooM said:

Ofcourse these games are not made by Id, so they don't have the right to call it D3

dammit... you're right...