Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Malum Archon

Doom 3 Story

Doom -> Mars, Phobos, Hell, Goal Earth
Doom 2 -> Earth, Goal Evacuate Humanity

Doom 3: Doom in Space -> Escape ship, Emergency Landing, New Alien World

Enemies: Familiar Demons as well as new primitive aliens, mostly large reptiles.

Missons: Protect the colonies, seek and destroy all slipgates, arbitrarily exterminate dangerous species, and kill off the demons once and for all

This work?

it works...

wow for once a non-cynical, non-angry answer from dead, did we catch you on a good day deady?

S./

you'd better watch it or I'll find you and cut you... ottawa's not all that far away from michigan..... bitch.. ;->

fucknugget, I like that, its right up there with cum-dumpster...
you cum-dumpster

S./

deadnail said:

Enemies: Familiar Demons as well as new primitive aliens, mostly large reptiles.

Missons: Protect the colonies, seek and destroy all slipgates, arbitrarily exterminate dangerous species, and kill off the demons once and for all

This work?

YES YES YES DEADNAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
RITE ON DAMNIT!
My story:
DooM3: Infernal Sky
Earth has become desolant and dry, people dying, pollution is overwhelming. Mutated animals attacking, and all going wrong. Humans decide to take a "ship" to a new planet, and crash on it. Here, it is pretty cold, but not snowy, and always dark. There is a jungle, and a very intelligent source of Aliens. First, they are enemies, but then Sin come back, along with a few of his little deamon buddies, and more. Now, it is up to you, and your new Alien friend to save human kind, as well alienkind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End Boss, Sin. Looks like Icon of Sin, but has a body w/ two BFG's for arms. Shows KICK ASS video when he dies! He takes a few steps back slowly, one more, then his head blows up, then torso blows up, then his arms fall to the ground, and each leg on each side of you fall, and your rite in the middle {mind you he is very big}. THATS MY STORY SUMMERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoKatH said:

you'd better watch it or I'll find you and cut you... ottawa's not all that far away from michigan..... bitch.. ;->

fucknugget, I like that, its right up there with cum-dumpster...
you cum-dumpster

S./

Guy what's your problem with deadnail? Why would you try to start something that's pointless? He has some of the best ideas in the forums and knows the truth of this crummy society.

whats wrong with starting sumpthin that you have no intention of finishing? its fun blurting out sentance fragments that people find annoying, disturbing or insulting...its what i live for

I should make DooM 3 a remake of the previous DooMs. I mean, tell the same story, but this time bring some life to it. You can´t make a decent storyline from 2 storyless games.

deadnail said:

This work?

Uhh, you forgot to mention "DEIMOS" on that 1st one,man.

Guest Cydex

I found this link to a story on Shugashack. Not too bad if you like Quake 3.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/sumaleth/TheArena/TheArena.htm

I don't know if Doom 3 would fit onto the end of this too well, but it's an interesting read.

Psyonisis said:

Guy what's your problem with deadnail? Why would you try to start something that's pointless? He has some of the best ideas in the forums and knows the truth of this crummy society.

I'm not downtalking deadnail, in fact I think that, yes, he does have some of the best ideas in these forums. He's just always so cynical and bitter that I enjoy poking fun at him... I'd never really try to start anything...

Besides I thought the word fucknugget was cool...

S./

Ahh, so many things to say. I'm so disappointed no one's bothered to kill me yet.

First of all, Jer, glad you like my idea. However, I wasn't thinking of 'evolved' and social aliens, I was thinking more along the lines of big ass reptiles that just basically eat whatever's movin' by. Screw storyline, dammit, this is Doom, it wouldn't be right with any sort of plot development or character involved. Fuck that. Shoot everything that ain't you, ESPECIALLY if it's movin'! That's my story summary. <- (SP Bucko!)

As for the Icon of Sin, let it go. Please. For the love of God, just let it go. How would I shoot the sucker, aim East? I'm sick of friggin' gargantuan enemies that take about ten hits to kill and kill you forty times over with one shot. That's gay. I want a human sized opponnent that takes one whole helluva lot of punishment and dishes it out somewhat fairly, making it a battle of endurance and skill. Throw in a pit around the edge and ya got a fight! Like the last battles of Brave Fencer Musashi (I'm not being a dick, it's a fun game!).

I'd almost say that FAKK 2 did this well, except Tyler kept spawning those retarded skeletal turrets and in my book, it's just a copout to make a boss spit enemies. No offense to Doom 2 or anything, but it's just so damn gay to make a boss difficult by adding other enemies. It reflects poorly on the boss as well as the developers nowadays.

One on one.

And challenging.

Is that too much to ask?

Zaldron, nice idea of remaking the whole damn series, but, I think I'd grow tired of it. How about we get together and MOD it ourselves ne? Weren't you skinning hands? How'z it goin'?

Tsar, Diermos? Wasn't that one just floating over Hell? I'm not much on Lunar trivia. I'd like to see that moon of Jupiter that's all one giant ocean explored. Who knows what's below the surface of the ice? Big fish, I'll bet. Grill the fuckers! :)

Psy, thanks for caring. *Sniff* As for the truths of crummy society, there are no truths, and there is no society. All we do is club things and get women, then take a shit and sleep. Society just puts us in different tiers of what we're supposed to believe is a defining feature of women (titties) and what we club (people). Personally, I like a smart woman (especially one that's into co-op!) and as for clubbing, I prefer mundane repetitive work so there's little stress and I'm not messing up anyone else's life.

Except yours, SuckitH.

So I'm a cumbucket, huh, you little dicksniffer?
Lickum scrotum, bucko.

Try 'an cut me, pokeass, I'll plug you with my 30-06, duct tape your scrawny and pathetic cadaver to the floor and shit on your forehead. Then I'll gut you, fill you with candy and throw you off a building in front of a kindergarden class so they all run outside and grab peanut butter cups from your entrails.

You'd like that, wouldn't you, you little bitch.

And as for you, MasterHassan, mind your own damn business. I'm having enough fun just playin' 'round with SquishyH. You want in too? Cool. Call me a cockmaster, cuntblister, or assblaster or somethin' and we can go at it.

=8*)-~

I wasn´t talking about remaking the series. I was thinking more on something like forgetting everything about the first DooMs, and remake the whole invasion in a more deep & thought way. That would make the "3" number dissappear, and it wouldn´t be a "sequel", but it´s just an idea. iD would never follow that path.

About the hands, i done that already.
It´s the big pic im concern about. I corrupted the file and never backup-ed. (Note to 3DSMAX users : never save while wasting all your swap file)
I started it again, adding some more nicer touches.

About the story topic, your idea could work, but how many humans survived the War??
If we are talking about millions, well, a planet colonization is something that could take like 50 years of preparation.

You´re right about the early evolution animal scheme for the Aliens. I mean, both Daemons & Aliens at the same time??? Poor guys!

Yeah. Spawner bosses are very stupid concepts. I would rather create a heavy scripted, sharp AI, normal stature guy. He could use in plenty of ways the scenery on his own advantage (ie lifting & throwing big things to you, make giant structures collapses around you, catch on fire everything, etc)

About that moon, you´re talking about Europa. Saturn´s Titan (a big swamp basically) could be also habitable.
Deimos and Phobos are actual Mars moons, each of them are captured asteroids that slipped away from the Asteroid Belt, that´s why they don´t have a spheric shape.

Umm....

*meekly raises hand*

I was sorta thinking about a story that has more focus on the occult. I mean its something obvious(to me anyway) that has not yet been explored in Doom despite the game's imagery and atmosphere. There's been a lot of talk in these forums about locations, monsters, weapons etc. Very important issues to be sure. But what is going to really distingish the new Doom game from the Half-life's and Unreals? What can take the game to a new level of fear? What can give the game a decent shot at transending the genre?

personally I think doom should stay away from aliens...(except archies which i think were enslaved by the demons)...I mean people who play Doom and think they are fighting only aliens are dumb...why do you think the creators of such a marvelous game took the time to come up with names such as DEMON , cacoDEMON , and cyberDEMON...sure as hell cuz they werent aliens now were they...if doom 3 takes place in space or on a distant planet id better come up with a good storyline for why demons are getting transported from hell to there...

I do like a good story, as long as ALIENS ARE NOT INVOLVED... !!!I Hate story's with aliens in it... Except for the X-COM-games...

Dammit... They're from HELL... H _ E _ L _ L ... Period... !!!

Stphrz said:

Umm....

*meekly raises hand*

I was sorta thinking about a story that has more focus on the occult. I mean its something obvious(to me anyway) that has not yet been explored in Doom despite the game's imagery and atmosphere. There's been a lot of talk in these forums about locations, monsters, weapons etc. Very important issues to be sure. But what is going to really distingish the new Doom game from the Half-life's and Unreals? What can take the game to a new level of fear? What can give the game a decent shot at transending the genre?

Yeah, I agree with that. In the previous DooMs the whole Hell matter was simply used as reference for the enemies & levels design. In DooM3, iD should add those elements that riches Lovecraft stories, the occultism, the existence of powers & beings forgotten to the humanity, runes painted on blood or scratched in stone, etc.
That way you could deliver a more intense atmosphere before reaching hell. Showing how twisted had become reality, gradually turning into a more bizarre resemblance of Hell than an human structure.

I can't take it anymore. I don't want the Demons to be from Hell. Sure, they're evil, sure they're hellish, sure they look like they're from Hell, but it should be very obvious that they're not, just from the plain fact that they are KILLABLE. Something from Hell would be supernatural, and would not be physically real at all, much less able to die. Also, from the Cyberdemon and Mancubus and Spiders, you can tell they have technology, which something from Hell would not. In my personal opinion, the Demons are from another dimension, and just happen to look like Hell, because they have scouts that visited Earth in ancient times and caused much carnage, and from the people who whitnessed it we get all our concepts about what Hell and Demons look like, because the people back then didn't know any better. So yes, the Demons ARE aliens.