Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dima

For all of you who complain about Quake 3

There are 2 complaints about Quake 3:
1)No Singleplayer
2)Limited Multiplayer compared to UT
So here are the facts:
1)There are some single players modifications in work for Q3!
One of them is listed on www.gamespy.com !
So No complaints about that cause the modifications will expand the game to singleplayer also!
2)Here the possibilities are endless!
First Quake 3 Team Arena that adds tons of new modes!
Then BILLION of modifications out and yet to be out that add MUCH more multiplayer modes (Drivable Venicles and so on)
I can't imagine what possible complaints can someone have for Q3!
This game has Gorgeous Graphics,Clean and fast Netcode,BIG support by the community,Great level editor,Great Modes and Mods,FUN gameplay,Cool Weapons (With modifications) and so on!
Now with Team Arena UT doesn't stand a chance!
And for the ones that think that Q3 has worse bots than UT FORGET IT!
The community is working HARD to update the code of Q3 to include their ideas (yes bots will be improved also)!
And from what I seen no other game has the same mods support (yes not even UT)!
Quake 3 Arena Engine gives people MUCH MORE STUFF than UT engine (Bezier Curves,Animated Textures,Volumetric Lightning and so on)
If none of u believe what I said just wait for the first singleplayer mod to appear I am sure it will be better than most standalone games!
The game WILL LIVE EVEN AFTER DOOM 3 RELEASES!
Doom 3 obviously won't be online focused!
So for the people that will like some fun while they are resting from Doom 3 (Cause it is too scary) Q3 will be just there waiting for them!

I'm thinkin' up a new thread to make. It should be up pretty soon.

Anyway, good post Dima, allow me to extend this conversation without the intent of flame.

There are very few MODs that I've played that have ever met up to the original game's Single Player. Since Quake 3 files have a tendency of getting rather large, a ten level single player campaign with new weapons and five new monsters would be no less than 50 megs, and that's one Hell of a download just to 'fix' single player.

There is no doubt that Quake 3 has better mod support, in fact, I'll go out on a limb and say that Quake 3 and Half-Life are the only two games out there right now where the mod support doesn't SUCK. :)

UT's mod support is, putting it bluntly, a total joke. Removing a mod is nigh impossible unless you can get a list of what files you need to delete.

<quote>If none of u believe what I said just wait for the first singleplayer mod to appear I am sure it will be better than most standalone games!</quote>

Now THAT is one Goddamn bold statement! I hope you're right, but let's not forget that most single player games of decent length nowadays are at least 500 megs, and unless I can get it on a CD there's simply no way in Hell I'm going to download that much just to fix Single Player, something that should've been done in the first place.

Oh, and as for Quake 3 living past Doom 3's release, what makes you think that? The fact that we're in a forum for a game released in '92 maybe? :)

As for multiplayer, Quake 3 Team Arena will add a few new modes but not quite as many as UT from what I've read. Maybe it does just as many. I still don't care. As far as I'm concerned the only team multiplayer game that exists is Counterstrike, and even then I rarely play it.

I just like attacking whatever moves. When I get on a team most of my teammates end up speaking very broken English, or worse, nothing but profanity and everyone thinks that they are just the shit and there's no teamwork involved. Sigh.

Whenever I play CTF there's always about three LPBs with railguns that just camp in a central area and kill everything.

Well, let's get this conversation going.

I simply complain about Quake 3,

a) because I can't play it, my computer sucks too much
b) because whenever I have played it, I wasn't really impressed with the gameplay, sure the graphics are amazing, but the play value, I don't really care for it
c) i suck at it
d) the lightning gun is ass

but then, I don't really complain about quake 3 that much, I just kind of ignore it... and instead complain about deadnail...

mheh what is one to do??

S./

deadnail said:

1)Quake 3 will live even after Doom 3 is released!
What makes u think it won't?
2)I can't imagine any Q3 MOD bigger than 50-60mb (even if it is sp).
3)Q3 was focused on mp only cause ID wanted to try to do something different...
Look at Q2 it was widly popular because of it's MP much more than because of it's SP!
Q3 sold MANY copies and still does (because it's ID)
As much as I love Q3 ID realised that this move wasn't very smart that is why they are focusing on SP in D3!
Personally I can't believe D3 won't succeed!
The reasons:
1)It's ID
2)The technology will rock BIG TIME (Cause that's Carmack)
3)They will sell many copies anyway and the technology that will cost 1,000,000$.
Starting from Quake the gameplay wasn't the strongest side of ID!
Their strongest side was technology like it always will be!
Like Tim Sweeney said on it's latest interview on VE:
"I'd actually say id Software is still #1 in engine licensing, and Epic #2"

1)There is singal player, you fight bots.
2)Dont compair q3a to ut, ut sucks.
3)Dont tell me ut does not suck cause the bots are retarded and so are the levels.
4)So you dont like quake 3, then shut up and dont fucking play it if you have a problem with it. Go wipe the ass's of all the newbies who play ut. Yeah I know, ut has its strong points, I enjoy the game. But quake 3 is awesome. But right now im focused on one game. DOOM. I started playing this from the first version of shareware and Im still playing it. I still think from that day to today that doom is a sequal to wolf3d but everyone has there own oppion.
5)So if you dont like q3a, play a game that you like. Dont rune the experince for us who enjoy they game.
6)But I have the sega dreamvast version of q3a, so you can only imagin how much I love this game.

U FUCKING NEWBIE!!!!!!
I LOVE Q3!
IT IS THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
I just said what are the complaints in the community that's all!
U FUCKING MORRON CAN'T READ!!!
SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND THE NEXT TIME U READ A MESSAGE READ IT!!!!
FUCKING NEWBIE THESE KIND OF MORRONS ARE USELESS IN THIS FORUM!!!!

Dima said:

1)Quake 3 will live even after Doom 3 is released!
What makes u think it won't?
2)I can't imagine any Q3 MOD bigger than 50-60mb (even if it is sp).
3)Q3 was focused on mp only cause ID wanted to try to do something different...
Look at Q2 it was widly popular because of it's MP much more than because of it's SP!
Q3 sold MANY copies and still does (because it's ID)
As much as I love Q3 ID realised that this move wasn't very smart that is why they are focusing on SP in D3!
Personally I can't believe D3 won't succeed!
The reasons:
1)It's ID
2)The technology will rock BIG TIME (Cause that's Carmack)
3)They will sell many copies anyway and the technology that will cost 1,000,000$.
Starting from Quake the gameplay wasn't the strongest side of ID!
Their strongest side was technology like it always will be!
Like Tim Sweeney said on it's latest interview on VE:
"I'd actually say id Software is still #1 in engine licensing, and Epic #2"

Quake 3 is defintly a great game, (not as good as UT though), but still great. It will defintly live past Doom 3, cuz doom3 is mostly single player right?

Dima said:

U FUCKING NEWBIE!!!!!!
I LOVE Q3!
IT IS THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
I just said what are the complaints in the community that's all!
U FUCKING MORRON CAN'T READ!!!
SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND THE NEXT TIME U READ A MESSAGE READ IT!!!!
FUCKING NEWBIE THESE KIND OF MORRONS ARE USELESS IN THIS FORUM!!!!

Ok shut up ok, your screaming like a dumb ass. And I did not say nothing mean, and Im not a newb, been playing sence wolf3d (catacombs 3d was kick ass to). So chill, jesus christ dima your going off like a little kid about somthing someone said, This is a goddamn forum chill out. I hate to see how you would respawned if someone spoke out against something you said off the internet, just chill, Im sorry for not paying that much attention, it looked like you said you did not like q3a, my bad, But q3a has the best graphics of are time right now, and I was only pointing that out.

Yeah if you have a problem with catacombs 3d anyone you can kiss my fucking ass.

Yeah I agree with you, I was being a dumbass dima, I should have read all of what you said before bing a dick head, sorry. And the ut engine is sickning compaired to q3a's (I can tell just by gameplay). And if your trying to tell me q3a sucks (not you dima) then you can burn in hell. It may be lacking things that ut has yes, But ut is lacking a shit load of stuff. And for all I know there menu looks like a gay ass rip off of windows (thats the newb part of what I just said). It had slow ass online play compaired to q3a (like dima said), I heard mod makers have so much ease using the q3a engine, And if you think the ut engine is better then explain why so many companys are using it for there own games, and the one who is using the unreal engine, for all we know the game (dn4) wont come out for another 7 years, its john romeros fell good hit of 2008. Bottom line, iD makes the best video games, no one can campair, even half-lifes engine was 25% quake 2 engine, iD is leading the comunity and if you cant see that, thats you problem. And yes theres sevrile things I hate about q3a but its still the best 3d shooter, no the best game ever.

Correction I think doom is the best game ever.

Guest flakmagnet
Lengis said:

Quake 3 is defintly a great game, (not as good as UT though), but still great. It will defintly live past Doom 3, cuz doom3 is mostly single player right?

but wasn't doom1/2 aimed at single player?